Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Basketball transfer portal

UL Basketball Basketball transfer portal

It looks like Joe Charles has entered the transfer portal.

https://x.com/pdtscouting/status/176...Pgip1P0mKNe0tQ

2. Default Re: Basketball transfer portal

Say it ain’t so, Joe

Default Re: Basketball transfer portal

Quote Originally Posted by CajunGrad16 View Post
    It looks like Joe Charles has entered the transfer portal.

https://x.com/pdtscouting/status/176...Pgip1P0mKNe0tQ
    This is getting so prevalent in our MBB program that it doesn't even surprise me anymore

In all seriousness, we are approaching time to talk about folding both of our basketball programs

I completely stopped watching NBA hoops (years ago) and college basketball as a whole, outside of the Cajuns, over the last few years. With Brown leaving after last season and now this….I think I’m done with the sport altogether.

The landscape is just completely unappealing these days. It started with the “one and done” thing a handful of years ago, and now with the portal, it’s hard to have any interest unless you’re a fan of one of the “blue bloods”. And now with talks of expanding the NCAA tourney to 128 teams, the entire regular season is a total waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    I completely stopped watching NBA hoops (years ago) and college basketball as a whole, outside of the Cajuns, over the last few years. With Brown leaving after last season and now this….I think I’m done with the sport altogether.

The landscape is just completely unappealing these days. It started with the “one and done” thing a handful of years ago, and now with the portal, it’s hard to have any interest unless you’re a fan of one of the “blue bloods”. And now with talks of expanding the NCAA tourney to 128 teams, the entire regular season is a total waste of time.
    I agree.

If we can’t keep local players like Joe Charles that are good college players (but not likely nba players) then what is the point in giving a ____. I’m not planning on renewing my 6 tickets for next year . Not worth the money any more

I wouldnt be surprised if the leaches on university ave are involved with this

7. Default Re: Basketball transfer portal

Please fire Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post

The NBA is actually more stable. There, you have longer term contracts. In college, every year is basically a one year deal for every player. South Alabama may have been on to something by going the route of having nothing but transfers on their team

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    In all seriousness, we are approaching time to talk about folding both of our basketball programs
    That is somewhat of an overreaction. Many of the teams in the SBC are losing their best players. Once their season’s end, App and JMU are likely to suffer the same fate. Not just an issue in the Sun Belt. Happening in spades throughout the country. As far as we’re concerned, I have no clue who else leaves other than Fulks. Nothing would surprise me at this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    The NBA is actually more stable. There, you have longer term contracts. In college, every year is basically a one year deal for every player. South Alabama may have been on to something by going the route of having nothing but transfers on their team
    Jessie Evans brought in very talented transfers every year and it seemed to work

Of course he was able to keep and develop his high school recruits and just add to them with transfers

That is somewhat of an overreaction. Many of the teams in the SBC are losing their best players. Once their season’s end, App and JMU are likely to suffer the same fate. Not just an issue in the Sun Belt. Happening in spades throughout the country. As far as we’re concerned, I have no clue who else leaves other than Fulks. Nothing would surprise me at this stage.
    When we become a glorified farm system for P5 programs it becomes not worth spending hard earned money on any longer. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    When we become a glorified farm system for P5 programs it becomes not worth spending hard earned money on any longer. JMO
    I understand that viewpoint. Fans of many schools will reach same conclusion. Goes for football as well.

I understand that viewpoint. Fans of many schools will reach same conclusion. Goes for football as well.
    Yep. Football is trending the exact same way.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoCajun View Post
    This is getting so prevalent in our MBB program that it doesn't even surprise me anymore
    It just isn’t our program. Last years numbers averaged over 4 players per team transferring. It is total free agency.

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Jessie Evans brought in very talented transfers every year and it seemed to work

Of course he was able to keep and develop his high school recruits and just add to them with transfers
    JE wasn’t competing with NIL. RCAF needs independence yesterday. Football, now MBB both lose guys we needed to stay.

Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information