Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Basketball transfer portal

Default Re: Basketball transfer portal

Season ticket sales gonna be through the roof next year with all these Marlin diehards coming out of the woodwork.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Season ticket sales gonna be through the roof next year with all these Marlin diehards coming out of the woodwork.
    Wait until the reseating in every other sport.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Wait until the reseating in every other sport.
    You keep saying this, but I haven’t seen anything that has indicated that, outside of football.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    You keep saying this, but I haven’t seen anything that has indicated that, outside of football.
    It’s coming and IMHO will shrink our fan base.

As far as football goes, I can’t swing club tickets, my current seats UD2 Row 6 seats 11&12 are increasing by 700%.

I really do wish I could swing it, I know the amenities that come with club seats are far superior to what we’ve had for the previous 15 years. Half the price I think I could swing it, but not what they are asking now.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    It’s coming and IMHO will shrink our fan base.

As far as football goes, I can’t swing club tickets, my current seats UD2 Row 6 seats 11&12 are increasing by 700%.

I really do wish I could swing it, I know the amenities that come with club seats are far superior to what we’ve had for the previous 15 years. Half the price I think I could swing it, but not what they are asking now.
    What are they asking for club seats and what are supposed to be the amenities?

Quote Originally Posted by fpc4life99 View Post
    What are they asking for club seats and what are supposed to be the amenities?
    That’s for a different thread. Let’s get back on topic.

You can PM me

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    From the start 2011 roster:

Darnell Jackson, 1-Year early departure
    J.J. Thomas 2-years early departrure
    Kentwan Smith 1-year early departure
    Raymone Andrews, 2-years early departure
    Coleby Kadeem, 1-year early departure
    Kevin Brown, 2-years early departure
    What about Malik Wilson?

All Marlin needs to do is sign about 10 players with better talent than we’ve averaged most of the last dozen years… and we should be back in business.

Think we have problems? App, who was darn good this year, played 9 guys. 2 graduated, 6 portal, one remains. Myles Tate.

I get the sentiment towards CBM. At the same time, it is only a simple business decision by players that only money can control. App made strong offers to their two big guns. Apparently App doesn't have enough cash too.

FWIW, JMU entire 9 man rotation is gone graduation and portal. Plenty more to read about.

Welcome to G5 basketball hell. Blame who you want, at the end it is the players chasing money. The game most of us grew up watching no longer exists.

https://www.csnbbs.com/thread-988874.html

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Think we have problems? App, who was darn good this year, played 9 guys. 2 graduated, 6 portal, one remains. Myles Tate.

I get the sentiment towards CBM. At the same time, it is only a simple business decision by players that only money can control. App made strong offers to their two big guns. Apparently App doesn't have enough cash too.

FWIW, JMU entire 9 man rotation is gone graduation and portal. Plenty more to read about.

Welcome to G5 basketball hell. Blame who you want, at the end it is the players chasing money. The game most of us grew up watching no longer exists.

https://www.csnbbs.com/thread-988874.html
    If Marlin was building a program over the last 15 years instead of doing just enough to stay employed, he’d have enough name recognition and enough NIL money to compete in this landscape. Issue is Maggard let him be lazy for too long and too little too late. Cajundome should be hoppin with plenty of fans to contribute. Instead he is limited to his handful of rebounders groupies.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    If Marlin was building a program over the last 15 years instead of doing just enough to stay employed, he’d have enough name recognition and enough NIL money to compete in this landscape. Issue is Maggard let him be lazy for too long and too little too late. Cajundome should be hoppin with plenty of fans to contribute. Instead he is limited to his handful of rebounders groupies.
    You dream is dead. Ain't happening. Name recognition is highly overestimated in Lafayette, LA. WBB and FB proves that point.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    You dream is dead. Ain't happening. Name recognition is highly overestimated in Lafayette, LA. WBB and FB proves that point.
    Wrong, we should be a basketball school and it would fund our athletic department

13. Default Re: Basketball transfer portal

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    Wrong, we should be a basketball school and it would fund our athletic department
    Dreams get bigger and bigger each day here. We not a basketball school and have never been a basketball school. Get your head out the sane and you can see it.

Anyone who can really search the portal know how many All Sunbelt players are in it? From my quick look, it seems at least over 50%.

15. Default Re: Basketball transfer portal

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    What about Malik Wilson?
    Mylik Wilson was another in a loooong line of early departures.

He came along 10 years after the first batch I mentioned.

I can't remember Mylik may have been portal related.

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information