Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Basketball transfer portal

Default Re: Basketball transfer portal

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    This is generally the picture of virtually every college basketball team in the NCAA.

We don't have a lock on any of this.
    Maybe but maybe not. Everyone has to contend with the portal. There is no debating that. My concern is Bob's ability to get other players in. We have one HS signee. One. We lost two starters thus far and like I said, we have a number of players on the current roster that are just not ready to contribute at this point. That leaves us with low numbers and a need to hit the portal. The question is can Bob?

2. Default Re: Basketball transfer portal

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Maybe but maybe not. Everyone has to contend with the portal. There is no debating that. My concern is Bob's ability to get other players in. We have one HS signee. One. We lost two starters thus far and like I said, we have a number of players on the current roster that are just not ready to contribute at this point. That leaves us with low numbers and a need to hit the portal. The question is can Bob?
    They said here he would not be in a position to compete this year because he lost Brown. That did not happen.

There are plenty of serviceable players that will become available in the portal that some coach is not playing.

We will see what he does to assemble a team to compete for next year.

5th place finish and a 27 point loss in the quarterfinals. Real competitive. 14 more years please.

4. Default Re: Basketball transfer portal

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    5th place finish and a 27 point loss in the quarterfinals. Real competitive. 14 more years please.
    So now, this team was not competitive and fun to watch anymore this year. Funny how the tide changes on this board.

5. Default Re: Basketball transfer portal

This is generally the picture of virtually every college basketball team in the NCAA.

We don't have a lock on any of this.
    Marlin had a head start.

Thus the pre-NIL, pre-Portal phrase "NEVER STOP RECRUITING" which applied to players already in your fold.

Who in their right mind wants to come play here??? A lame duck, milquetoast coach and play in the cavernous empty cajundome in front of 500 people? Let them extend this dumpster fire til the program completely burns to the ground. Hell, we're almost there already anyway.

I like Coach Zimmerman and he seems to be a focal point for the players during timeouts. He has experience playing pro ball in Europe and I hope they try to bring in a player or two from overseas.

This is something I would like to know more about...the number of players on the current roster just not ready to contribute. There were 3 or 4 players that never got in a game all season. Were they hurt or just that bad? Enquiring minds want to know!

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    This is something I would like to know more about...the number of players on the current roster just not ready to contribute. There were 3 or 4 players that never got in a game all season. Were they hurt or just that bad? Enquiring minds want to know!
    Both

10. Default Re: Basketball transfer portal

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Who in their right mind wants to come play here??? A lame duck, milquetoast coach and play in the cavernous empty cajundome in front of 500 people? Let them extend this dumpster fire til the program completely burns to the ground. Hell, we're almost there already anyway.
    and you forgot to include incessant posts like this on RP

I can’t tell you how much fun it was sitting in an empty CajunDome 15 times this year.

They said here he would not be in a position to compete this year because he lost Brown. That did not happen.

There are plenty of serviceable players that will become available in the portal that some coach is not playing.

We will see what he does to assemble a team to compete for next year.
    Yes but we also saw the downfall of this team was the lack of bench play as our starters wore down towards the end of the season and when they were not playing well towards the end, we had no bench players to possibly take up some minutes. We need to hit the portal hard and I think we need at least 3 transfers.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Well, since they were never listed as being hurt you tell me. I mean, we had no bench whatsoever, its not like they were competing with 9 other guys for minutes. Use some critical thinking.

Get used to it. Some people are ok with a dying program, some aren't. You sound like someone in the rebounders club. Did you get your invite to the pool party?

Holy s***.. you're seriously circling back to this nonsense?

"Attendance is struggling because people are voicing their negative thoughts on the Rage Page!"

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information