Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Basketball transfer portal

1. Default Re: Basketball transfer portal

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Dreams get bigger and bigger each day here. We not a basketball school and have never been a basketball school. Get your head out the sane and you can see it.
    Dreams should get bigger.

Why some want the dream to contue shrinking is beyond my sane comprehension.

Louisiana was a basketball school even after the death penalty, where the admins shrank the dream by not turning in the prepared defense to the NCAA.

Default Re: Basketball transfer portal

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Dreams should get bigger.

Why some want the dream to contue shrinking is beyond my sane comprehension.

Louisiana was a basketball school even after the death penalty, where the admins shrank the dream by not turning in the prepared defense to the NCAA.
    All the money in the world thrown at football won’t result in the same ROI as adequate funding/expectations in basketball. The model is there. Football doesn’t drive the bus at a mid major.

Mylik Wilson was another in a loooong line of early departures.

He came along 10 years after the first batch I mentioned.

I can't remember Mylik may have been portal related.
    MW left after 20-21.

People should really reserve some of their awful takes in this thread for their burner accounts. Don't want these ice cold takes linked to your good name.

If the University had a standard for basketball that was only half as high as that of our two diamond sports, we wouldn’t be having this conversation. Marlin would have been terminated a few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    If the University had a standard for basketball that was only half as high as that of our two diamond sports, we wouldn’t be having this conversation. Marlin would have been terminated a few years back.
    Exactly

When will the Bob Marlin catastrophe end? How much time he has left on contract?

Yea. We basically are now just waiting on Bob Marlin to retire or his contract ends which is 3 years. My gosh what a sad state of affairs when the fans all see it and the admin just doesn’t realize the minute Bob is gone is the minute the fans return to the Cajun Dome.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    People should really reserve some of their awful takes in this thread for their burner accounts. Don't want these ice cold takes linked to your good name.
    If not for burner accounts, we’d have half the comments on MBB. People talking to themselves.

It’s become comical.

Put this in perspective. Watching NC and Bama in sweet 16. The former Summit Conference POY Greg Nelson taking charge for Bama down the stretch. That’s the game today.

Jordan Brown and the kid from JMU this year POY in SBC. Both paid/getting money a SBC program cannot generate.

Georgia State with Coach Hunter doesn’t happen in a NIL world.

Portal is hit or miss. UL hit it in 22-23. This year, honestly too players many stayed.

Dreams get bigger and bigger each day here. We not a basketball school and have never been a basketball school. Get your head out the sane and you can see it.
    You're full of ____. At one time, that's all we were. We were a basketball school. You obviously didn't grow up going to cajun basketball games in your youth.

11. Default Re: Basketball transfer portal

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    You're full of ____. At one time, that's all we were. We were a basketball school. You obviously didn't grow up going to cajun basketball games in your youth.
    Oh, the death penalty team. Yea, I went to some of those games, then we went to no games, in any sports. That’s the tradition you talking about?

12. Default Re: Basketball transfer portal

Oh, the death penalty team. Yea, I went to some of those games, then we went to no games, in any sports. That’s the tradition you talking about?
    You missed a world of basketball after that.

The Cajundome wasn't built because concerts were selling out. Actually they were but they didn't build the CajunDome, Basketball did.

For the tenth time, Marlin’s issues didn’t start with NIL. They started YEARS ago with his low energy, limited recruiting success, NO high-profile quality wins, mid-pack finishes in the conference most seasons… all resulting in the slow death of our program over the last 10 or so years. NOW… because of the above.. he has no defense or arguments or money guys or a large enough booster club to use against the portal transfers out. He made his bed well before NIL.

14. Default Re: Basketball transfer portal

You missed a world of basketball after that.

The Cajundome wasn't built because concerts were selling out. Actually they were but they didn't build the CajunDome, Basketball did.
    source

I agree. I saw this 8 years ago.

Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information