Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Basketball transfer portal

Default Re: Basketball transfer portal

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    I read that Wade is a candidate for the Arkansas job. If Wade gets it and if he doesn't sign him at Arkansas, I'll bet he doesn't transfer to McNeese.
    Yep…. Supposedly the Ole Miss head coach was the top target but he announced he’s staying at Ole Miss. Wade to Arky rumors are picking up steam

Joe Charles is only committed to McNeese at this point? If wade leaves he could still go elsewhere if so

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Yep…. Supposedly the Ole Miss head coach was the top target but he announced he’s staying at Ole Miss. Wade to Arky rumors are picking up steam

Joe Charles is only committed to McNeese at this point? If wade leaves he could still go elsewhere if so
    I’m pretty sure WW has a 2 year show cause. So they may not have a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    That's dumb. Why would they do that? Find every way to screw their most loyal? If they do that, I'm dropping baseball if I can't get my same exact seats. I would just buy single game tickets for the games I could make.
    They are not. Just for football for obvious reasons.

4. Default Re: Basketball transfer portal

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    Ours are apparently fine with having a nice seat and a tax write-off... oh and if you can create a couple of exclusive events that only they can attend, that's all the better
    Technically an individual nor a business can write off any expenses exceeding the face value of the ticket. Meaning those involuntarily “donations” tacked onto the price of a ticket is no longer eligible to be written off as a charitable contribution/donation.

Marlin remaining the HC boils down to money. Obviously the administration doesn’t think the additional expense to fire him nor any booster(s) has offered the greenbacks to buyout his remaining contract. So as a result our MBB’s purgatory continues.

Thats a good excuse for maggard to let his buddy fatten the retirement while the program burns around him.

So we need another forward from the portal for next season's roster to offset loss of Charles. Does anyone know many scholarship slots we have to offer overall?

Quote Originally Posted by Duckster View Post
    So we need another forward from the portal for next season's roster to offset loss of Charles. Does anyone know many scholarship slots we have to offer overall?
    Assuming Julien leaves, we should have 3 to give in spring recruiting. Of course there is always the possibility of additional departures which will add to the number. If Julien decides to stay, number goes back to 3. Keep in mind we did use a scholarship on Jeremiah Evans in the November recruiting period. Regardless, we WILL have 13 scholarship players next season. Quality of additions is something I have no clue about.

8. Default Re: Basketball transfer portal

Seems like the term scholarship should never be used again. Student athletes do not exist any more.

I'm guessing there will be some news breaking soon.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by fpc4life99 View Post
    No idea. But the narrowing circle of followers in getting pathetic.

Bob has signed a lifetime extension. In addition, it has been determined that when he is no longer physically able to coach, he will be replaced by a hologram of himself, as the only person fit to lead us in to the future is Bob Marlin (in whatever form he may present). This hologram has been commissioned from the developers of the holograms of Tupac, Whitney Houston, and Michael Jackson. Instead of a salary, UL will pay a yearly licensing fee of $500,000 (to be split equally between the Marlin and Hays families) for use of the hologram.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Bob has signed a lifetime extension. In addition, it has been determined that when he is no longer physically able to coach, he will be replaced by a hologram of himself, as the only person fit to lead us in to the future is Bob Marlin (in whatever form he may present). This hologram has been commissioned from the developers of the holograms of Tupac, Whitney Houston, and Michael Jackson. Instead of a salary, UL will pay a yearly licensing fee of $500,000 (to be split equally between the Marlin and Hays families) for use of the hologram.
    Wild post. lol.

I think this was posted right after the baseball and softball games Sunday and he was just congratulating them...

14. Default Re: Basketball transfer portal

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    I think this was posted right after the baseball and softball games Sunday and he was just congratulating them...
    If you guys only knew.

15. Default Re: Basketball transfer portal

Quote Originally Posted by 8675309 View Post
    If you guys only knew.
    Well who knew coach Marlin's wife was JMV's sister? Just kidding but that sounds like many of his posts.

Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread Information