Thread: Basketball transfer portal

Default Re: Basketball transfer portal

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Perhaps he knows something we dont?

MMMM-kay.

Good night, Gracie.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Over and under on how long it takes before a thread or a Faceplant post starts about RV prices being raised, based solely on the misinterpretation of a second-hand (third-hand?) story shared on a message board post.

A says something speculative (at best) to B. B tells C what A said. C then posts the hypothetical to message board.

D shares the hypothetical as fact.

Smokey the Bear says "only YOU can prevent forest fires."
    What I meant to say was that they raised prices with no demand based on the 20% retention rate of RV spots

Tamera Johnson hitting the portal.

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php/?id=100042074305938

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    This may be the most important thing that RCAF and Athletic Department personnel need to recognize. I am 76 and still working; but many of our fans are 60+, and the majority of those are retired. It is a guarantee that as people over 60 age, their available income for entertainment will drop, as will their physical ability to attend events.

As I have been saying for at least the last 20 years, UL MUST do everything it can to attract younger, lower [relatively speaking] income fans, many of whom will be increasing their ability to donate over time. I would much rather that we had 10,000 $100 donors under 40 than ten $100,000 donors of any age.
    VO I am in the same boat as you with age.

Both you gentlemen are correct (I’m in the senior discount crowd too). Target market needs to be 25-45. Yes, that might move out us older fans, but if UL athletically is to survive, so be it.

But under no circumstances should older fans be taken for granted like they are today. It is disturbing to hear as people drop out, they receive MAYBE a phone call asking why. Heck, even XM radio will hunt down former customers like a Snap On Tools salesman driving thru a graveyard (IYK, YK). UL presently goes “Meh”.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    Did you pause to think for a minute what kind of negative impact a post like this might have on the program?

Does it help UL to know that our AD thinks that running off the remaining few tailgaters is a good way to improve the program?

I guess I didn’t think that just pointing out a serious flaw in the Athletics Dept policy and philosophy regarding fans was as bad as the Dept actually IMPLEMENTING that flawed policy. But… I trust Turbine… if he thinks it is too negative and somehow hurting our program, he can delete or suggest that I do it… and I won’t be offended.

My frustration is that they appear to make mistakes over and over again without anyone seeming to step forward to point them out and suggest a better approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    The earlier Maggard quote was RV so I think that is football.

Yes… it was about football. The RV lot now feels like an outdoor morgue on game days. It’s mostly empty and quiet.

8. Default Re: Basketball transfer portal

"Fellow fan" is living in reality.

Maggard is living on the spreadsheet bottom line.

Problem is there are not enough entries in the tailgate column since the increases started.

I doubt they are pulling in now what they pulled in when prices were attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    "Fellow fan" is living in reality.

Maggard is living on the spreadsheet bottom line.

Problem is there are not enough entries in the tailgate column since the increases started.

I doubt they are pulling in now what they pulled in when prices were attractive.
    They are pulling in roughly 25% of what they did in 2018 or so, which is the last time the lot was full. And I used the situation with RV football parking as simply an example of such a misinformed approach to attracting and retaining a respectable size fan base. The mistakes are numerous and widespread.

The department needs to look up every tailgater from 2018 and the other years the lots were full and ask 2 questions.

1. Why did you give up your spot?
    2. What can we do to get you back?

Anything other that that is a complete failure by the department.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDew View Post
    The department needs to look up every tailgater from 2018 and the other years the lots were full and ask 2 questions.

1. Why did you give up your spot?
    2. What can we do to get you back?

Anything other that that is a complete failure by the department.
    That would involve work on their part other than e-mail, social media posts.....

12. Default Re: Basketball transfer portal

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    This may be the most important thing that RCAF and Athletic Department personnel need to recognize. I am 76 and still working; but many of our fans are 60+, and the majority of those are retired. It is a guarantee that as people over 60 age, their available income for entertainment will drop, as will their physical ability to attend events.

As I have been saying for at least the last 20 years, UL MUST do everything it can to attract younger, lower [relatively speaking] income fans, many of whom will be increasing their ability to donate over time. I would much rather that we had 10,000 $100 donors under 40 than ten $100,000 donors of any age.
    How much do you give to MBB?

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Amen, well said.
    Yeah buddy!

Pretty much a forgone conclusion but Fulks is now officially in the portal as well.

15. Default Re: Basketball transfer portal

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    Pretty much a forgone conclusion but Fulks is now officially in the portal as well.
    Oh, fulk him this time around.

Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information