Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 19 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Basketball transfer portal

Default Re: Basketball transfer portal

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    So our big news is we are not losing another player.....
    Not sure if that is what the big news was supposed to be.

Either way- Better than previous news I suppose

Needed some good news for basketball program. No matter what happens I will always be a fan of UL basketball. I have been a fan since Bo Lamar's junior year. Can understand however how some have become disenchanted with what is currently happening.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    So our big news is we are not losing another player.....
    Seems we're getting better at playing portal defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunchuck View Post
    Needed some good news for basketball program. No matter what happens I will always be a fan of UL basketball. I have been a fan since Bo Lamar's junior year. Can understand however how some have become disenchanted with what is currently happening.
    Same here for being a fan. Season tickets since 1982.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    I am still waiting on my invite
    Please keep waiting

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Reading this article pushes me even further away from college basketball, especially the last part. All of the transferring is going on everywhere and it’s gotten to a point where someone staying put is just as big of news as someone leaving.

Unfortunately college football is getting to that point as well

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    Reading this article pushes me even further away from college basketball, especially the last part. All of the transferring is going on everywhere and it’s gotten to a point where someone staying put is just as big of news as someone leaving.

Think he’s just getting one more payday before he has to work harder at the pro level. Might be one of those guys that his size and skill set are a dime a dozen and he knows the future isn’t as solid.

9. Default Re: Basketball transfer portal

I remember some other news, other sport, etc, about a player wanting privacy, dont recall what it was even about, but not important to this point... (and may not have been the case in other instances) but in future, if someone accepts NIL or seeks out NIL and is putting themselves in to the portal (which seems to be becoming a public space) do they lose some level of their entitlement to privacy?

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Think he’s just getting one more payday before he has to work harder at the pro level. Might be one of those guys that his size and skill set are a dime a dozen and he knows the future isn’t as solid.
    I was referring to the end of the article when it was stating who all was leaving Miami…and then who all were transferring in

11. Default Re: Basketball transfer portal

Also if we go back to the "ROBE RULE" where any arrest was sit out one year, no matter what, even if found not guilty.
    Should that rule also apply to clubs and frats as well as sports.
    Granted not all sports even use it though

12. Default Re: Basketball transfer portal

Will they make any mandatory reqd reading to enter the portal, maybe aomething like this:

https://clutchpoints.com/the-richest...who-went-broke

If baseball gets to this point, that would probably be my throwing in the towel moment for college sports as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    If baseball gets to this point, that would probably be my throwing in the towel moment for college sports as a whole.
    Completely agree. And it’s starting to happen there too. Fortunately, we have a program that attracts transfers in baseball instead of the opposite in the other sports where the ones we get are (for the most part) just guys looking for a place where they can get on the field/court.

Completely agree. And it’s starting to happen there too. Fortunately, we have a program that attracts transfers in baseball instead of the opposite in the other sports where the ones we get are (for the most part) just guys looking for a place where they can get on the field/court.
    Our softball program attracts transfers.

Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 19 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Thread Information