Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: March Madness

UL Basketball March Madness

McNeese vs Gonzaga. Good luck to the Cowboys.

Default Re: March Madness

After they beat Gonzaga, Will Wade will have had more success in one year at McNeese than Bob Marlin has had in his 14 years at UL.

Who actually cares about March Madness? We sure don’t over here. It should be the expectation, not the exception.

So many mid majors in the dance. It can happen here consistently. Not with Bob Marlin. Please get rid of him!!!!!!!!!

UConn is gonna roll through this tournament once again

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    UConn is gonna roll through this tournament once again
    Their region is ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Their region is ridiculous
    Yes it is but so are they. UConn has the best coach in the land and can rotate to matchup with anyone. They can go big or go small. It’s like two completely different teams. Iowa state in Omaha will take over the arena just like they did KC. I see them and UConn in the regional final but UConn will have the advantage being in Boston. Fau and sdsu aren’t the same teams as last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Yes it is but so are they. UConn has the best coach in the land and can rotate to matchup with anyone. They can go big or go small. It’s like two completely different teams. Iowa state in Omaha will take over the arena just like they did KC. I see them and UConn in the regional final but UConn will have the advantage being in Boston. Fau and sdsu aren’t the same teams as last year.
    I think James Madison has a chance to win their game vs Wisconsin. Both play very a very physical brand of ball. Wisconsin faltered late due to some injuries. That is a game we should all care about as a victory by the Dukes puts more money into the pockets of all SBC teams. The game is on Friday in Brooklyn. There are 3 other games involving Cajun opponents from this past season. Those are Long Beach vs Arizona, Samford vs Kansas, and McNeese vs Gonzaga. The Cowboys have a chance against Gonzaga as the Zips are not as strong as they have been in the past. Despite winning a couple of titles in years I can remember, Kansas has also been known to get upset early in the tournament.

Indiana State sets a record by having the best NET rating and not garnering an at large bid. Their NET rating was a 29. Hopefully they do well in the NIT. This year 10 conferences received more than 1 bid and 22 received only 1. It is usually 9 conferences receiving multiple bids and 23 receiving one. The Atlantic 10 and the American received 2 this year and often it is only one from the Atlantic 10. UAB and Temple played in the American Finals and neither was going to receive an at large bid. The American is not near the league they were prior to 3 major schools moving to the Big 12. South Florida won the American Conference regular season this year with a record of 16 and 2 but was left out. FAU received an at large bid from the American despite being two games behind USF. I believe the Owls received that bid solely due to their run to the Final Four last year. I think that is a shame for the Bulls. We will find out tonight if App was able to get an NIT bid. I am not hopeful.

Jmu vs Wisconsin a winnable match up.

Anybody in the Dance running an old school Princeton Cahill offense?

Jmu vs Wisconsin a winnable match up.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    McNeese vs Gonzaga. Good luck to the Cowboys.
    Zags are overrated. Cowplops could take them.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDew View Post
    After they beat Gonzaga, Will Wade will have had more success in one year at McNeese than Bob Marlin has had in his 14 years at UL.
    Sad but true

Look into the future. NET is very important, yet Indiana State @ 28 sitting home.

First time a sub 30 NET team stays home.

I think I heard that only two or three overall final AP #1 seeds has won the tournament in like the last 40 years.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information