Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: March Madness

Default Re: March Madness

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    We could make it really special. Do a complete makeover of what is left of D1 athletics. I say we structure it along the rel/pro model of Europe. Southeastern schools would be the English divisions, the Northern schools could be the Spanish divisions and the Western schools could be the Italian divisions.

At the end of the season we do a "Champions League" tourney like Europe.

It would be soooo much fun.
    Would be amazing and would pass the P whatever in popularity in a decade or so

UTA/Grand Canyon ending was kinda ugly Sunday. Last seconds GC dunk with the lead, two UTA players go street ball on dunker.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6NTaJh7syQM

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    UTA/Grand Canyon ending was kinda ugly Sunday. Last seconds GC dunk with the lead, two UTA players go street ball on dunker.

I thought it was a pretty good throw at the end lol

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post

Thanks for posting; looks like UTA, after leaving the SunBelt, went WACky!

If the G5 separates and institutes a relegation system and markets itself as TRUE college sports, it would definitely become more popular than NFL Lite over time. I agree

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    If the G5 separates and institutes a relegation system and markets itself as TRUE college sports, it would definitely become more popular than NFL Lite over time. I agree
    I would support this!

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Absolutely, and what makes that system great is that both the top AND bottom of the table are fighting until the end.

UVA shoots 22% and scores only 14 in the first half vs. Colorado state in the first 4 matchup between the 10s. Ouch

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    UVA shoots 22% and scores only 14 in the first half vs. Colorado state in the first 4 matchup between the 10s. Ouch
    But let’s make Indiana state sit at home

Seems like the 68 team NCAA tourney is plenty big. But if your mindset is many of the NIT teams are NCAA tournament worthy might as well expand it to 96 teams. Bye, bye to NIT. As a kid thought it was fun when expanded to 32 teams in 70's then again to 64 teams in the 80's. On the surface, going to 96 teams sounds excessive but could still be fun. Move up those conference tournaments one week on the calendar. Start one week earlier with #65-96 lower seeds.

Thank you North Texas.

I agree to a point. 32 was great field size. But once ESPN and greed entered the game, it’s all about the money. The idea back then was floated you would have to be D1 in football too, but the explosion of the ESPN’s baby, the Big East, killed that quickly. Have over 200+ more D1 MBB programs than FB.

Making the field back in the 32 days, especially as an at large under BP, is one of the greatest feats MBB achieved. The Shipley/Hatfield/Paschal run should be the bar, but the dynamics have changed so much since it never will happen again.

But UL can try, right?

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    I thought it was a pretty good throw at the end lol
    Guy looks like he could hit a running receiver

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    But let’s make Indiana state sit at home
    Or Pitt or even St. Johns. UVA embarrassed the ACC. That was the 3rd place team and they absolutely stunk it up. I know their style dictates a slower play but their talent was a big dropoff from years past.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Absolutely, and what makes that system great is that both the top AND bottom of the table are fighting until the end.
    It makes EVERY regular season game mean everything. It allows every school to rise or fall to match whatever level of competence/support that school has.

The issue is how would you reorganize the schools? By region? By expense level? Is this a FB only thing? I think eventually that it could be used in all sports, but it would probably make sense to limit it to FB until we work the kinks out.

Let's say that there are 40 NFL wannabes that are foolish enough to leave. That gives you 93 FBS schools. That would give you 6 conferences of 10 schools and 3 with 11 schools. Everybody plays everybody.

Due to numbers, the Southeast would have 3 divisions. The North, West and Southwest would have 2 divisions each.

You could combine FBS and FCS into 1 group of 216 FB schools. That would give you 18 conferences of 12 schools each to divide into divisions as geography allows.

It would be insane.

Grambling won their play in game.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information