Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7

Thread: BB G2 Final: Louisiana 7, Arkansas State 6

Default Re: Baseball game two at stAte

That was a nice comeback. This team has some fight in them.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    That was a nice comeback. This team has some fight in them.
    Yup, just need to stop some of the bone head plays we do here and there

3. UL Baseball Re: Baseball game two at stAte

Well, Lej0285 is not very happy right now because he has not been able to complain about anything in the last hour ... but I like how this team did not quit ... and what a performance by the freshman on the hill (Morgan). Four innings of shutout hitless ball on the road to end the game ... allowing only one batter to reach base. Let's take the momentum into tomorrow and win the series.

Meanwhile, James Madison evened the series with Coastal Carolina (in Conway) today, winning 7-4. Marshall frankly got screwed today, losing to Southern Miss in 13 innings 2-1. The Marshall right fielder made a great throw home to nail the Golden Eagle runner at the plate for the second out ... outstanding tag by the catcher as well. The home plate umpire called him out ... and inexplicably review overturned the call. The only possible explanation was that the catcher blocked the plate without the ball. But the runner had a path to the plate. Home cooking call and the Marshall coach was extremely hot, barking at the umps ... and voicing his displeasure to the USM coaching staff.

Troy dropped a game to ULM in Monroe and South Alabama has dropped the first two games of the series to Georgia State at home ... after knocking off Mississippi State in Biloxi this week.

The Cajuns obviously need to fix some things (notably the plethora of free passes), but they are in an ok spot. The sky is not falling.

Cajun baseball and Cajun softball with dramatic comebacks today against their Sun Belt conference foes.

Brian

Let’s take arky states Super Bowl tomorrow

I think the staff may have jumped the gun on removing Morgan from the weekend rotation.

Certainly jumped it taking Herrmann out today after 4 innings and 72 pitches (assuming he didn’t have some kind of issue). Those are the two most effective pitchers on the staff. Cash is another.

I pointed out last year that this program has thrived with lefty strike throwers over the years. And the 3 most effective guys on the staff are exactly that.

You have to love the fight in this team. It would just be a whole lot less stressful if the offense would begin to participate before the late innings every now and then! LOL

Go win tomorrow and the weekend is a success.

I was wondering that... Maybe move Morgan back to weekend rotation... Hermann, then Fluno, then Morgan? Get LP back to the pen which needs some consistency.

Default Re: BB G2 Final: Louisiana 7, Arkansas State 6

We have so much trouble getting ahead in the count.

Brian has great points, as always.

We are two or three hitters getting hot and pitchers trusting stuff from playing consistently well.

Man what a comeback. Win tomorrow and another 3-1 week.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    I think the staff may have jumped the gun on removing Morgan from the weekend rotation.

Certainly jumped it taking Herrmann out today after 4 innings and 72 pitches (assuming he didn’t have some kind of issue). Those are the two most effective pitchers on the staff. Cash is another.

I pointed out last year that this program has thrived with lefty strike throwers over the years. And the 3 most effective guys on the staff are exactly that.

You have to love the fight in this team. It would just be a whole lot less stressful if the offense would begin to participate before the late innings every now and then! LOL

Go win tomorrow and the weekend is a success.
    I think it's a little too early to jump to that conclusion after one appearance in Jonesboro and another in Ruston. Last Friday night he gave up 3 runs to Tulane. I would like to see him a few more outings before that move is made to the rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    We have so much trouble getting ahead in the count.

Brian has great points, as always.

We are two or three hitters getting hot and pitchers trusting stuff from playing consistently well.
    We had 10 walks given to our batters for a change today, Arkansas State pitchers walking Cajun batters. We really just couldn't get the big hits in the game for the most part. I'm glad they pulled it out.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I think it's a little too early to jump to that conclusion after one appearance in Jonesboro and another in Ruston. Last Friday night he gave up 3 runs to Tulane. I would like to see him a few more outings before that move is made to the rotation.
    It was actually 2 runs against Tulane, but I agree it wasn’t a great outing.

And before that Tulane outing he threw 3 2/3 scoreless against Vandy, Houston and NW State

My point is that he throws strikes and has pretty good command of 3 pitches. And based on what he did in the fall and preseason work in the spring had him as the Saturday starter.

A freshman likely pitching in front of more people than he ever had before with the pressure of being a weekend starter as a freshman may have had something to do with his struggles in his first 2 outings.

I’d like to see him get another shot. His two starts weren’t great, but they were better than what Langevin’s last 2 starts were. And I think Langevin is better suited as a reliever, much like Jake Hammond last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Lej0285 View Post
    We can be like the cubs come to drink beer and sing for the seventh inning stretch basically
    Why don't you post under your real name and stop being a troll hidden beneath a bigger troll

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7

Thread Information