Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana vs South Alabama

Default Re: Softball: Weather Adjusts Start Time of UL-USA Softball Series Opener

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunchuck View Post
    Lightening delay top of 7th.
    Looking at radar this is going to be a long delay.

Default Re: Softball: Weather Adjusts Start Time of UL-USA Softball Series Opener

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun97 View Post
    They can call this game after 6 completed innings correct??
    Yes.

Just end the game. Don’t try to squeeze in 2.whatever the decibel point would be for playing over 6 innings.

Tx St - JMU now final. 8 -4

Nicholls beats McNeese, 1- 0. RPI neutral for us, just hop that Mcneese recovers to win the series and stays in the top 50.

Has the game been called?

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Tx St - JMU now final. 8 -4
    Good win for the West.

Quote Originally Posted by ultracajun View Post
    Has the game been called?
    Seriously doubt that is going to happen. If I'm S.Al. no way I don't get that last at bat with only a 3 run game. Might decide to finish it tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Seriously doubt that is going to happen. If I'm S.Al. no way I don't get that last at bat with only a 3 run game. Might decide to finish it tomorrow?
    Don't think they can finish it tomorrow. Already 2 games scheduled. I don't know how long the umps will delay without calling it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Does South Al get to decide? Who makes the decision?

Believe it is an official game after 5.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunref View Post
    Believe it is an official game after 5.
    It is definitely official after 5. Just don't know how long the umps will delay before calling it over.

13. Default Re: Softball: Weather Adjusts Start Time of UL-USA Softball Series Opener

Will finish this game tomorrow and then play a doubleheader. Start time has not yet been decided.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunsSball22 View Post
    Will finish this game tomorrow and then play a doubleheader. Start time has not yet been decided.
    Favors us, I guess. Start Landry again to finish game 1. Then go game 2. Chloe, etc. for game 3. Can't imagine Lackie would go back-to-back games. Although, she's not been an issue for us. Really, ever.

The only thing that works in their favor is that they got one hit, it was to the second batter of the game. Landry and the defense had a ton of momentum. If Landry finishes what she started, her issue last year was getting out of the first. South Al would have the equivalent of the 1st inning.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunsSball22 View Post
    I can't believe they are doing that. It is already an official game. Does the conference not have a rule about this situation? If it were the 4th inning, I get it, but once it goes official a delay to the next day should not be allowed.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information