Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana vs South Alabama

Default Re: Softball: Weather Adjusts Start Time of UL-USA Softball Series Opener

Tell that to Becky.

Default Re: Softball: Weather Adjusts Start Time of UL-USA Softball Series Opener

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    Tell that to Becky.
    Why would she get to decide? Must be a conference rule exception only thing I can assume.

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    Tell that to Becky.
    So, is it the home team's decision or does Glasco have any say in the matter? It's an official game.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    I can't believe they are doing that. It is already an official game. Does the conference not have a rule about this situation? If it were the 4th inning, I get it, but once it goes official a delay to the next day should not be allowed.
    I have never understood this; I hope someone can explain it. If a game is "official" after X complete innings, then how can it be continued later?

https://www.ncaapublications.com/pro...loads/SR24.pdf

Nothing that I saw in the lightning policy or official game length. I'm assuming this would be the place to find it, but I didn't look super hard.

6. Default Re: Softball: Weather Adjusts Start Time of UL-USA Softball Series Opener

First two games of a three game conference series have to be completed. Game three on get away day can be called.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunsSball22 View Post
    First two games of a three game conference series have to be completed. Game three on get away day can be called.
    Believe you are correct. Not positive but I think IF the game is at a point it could be called official (5 complete innings) and both coaches agree then the game can be declared complete. If the game were 7-0 I can see that happening but not 3-0.

So a conference rule. Though technically if a game reaches at least 5 complete innings and is not tied, it could be declared complete.

9. Default Re: Softball: Weather Adjusts Start Time of UL-USA Softball Series Opener

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    So a conference rule. Though technically if a game reaches at least 5 complete innings and is not tied, it could be declared complete.
    Only on get away day

Only on get away day
    Is there a doubleheader scheduled tomorrow after completing game one? If so, there is no getaway day.

11. Default Re: Softball: Weather Adjusts Start Time of UL-USA Softball Series Opener

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Is there a doubleheader scheduled tomorrow after completing game one? If so, there is no getaway day.
    Per X Game One to resume at 1:00 PM Saturday

Default Re: Louisiana vs South Alabama

We have Maddie on 2nd with 1 out, correct?

13. Default Re: Softball: Weather Adjusts Start Time of UL-USA Softball Series Opener

Quote Originally Posted by cajunref View Post
    Why would she get to decide? Must be a conference rule exception only thing I can assume.
    She does not get to decide. Both coaches have input and then a decision is made

She does not get to decide. Both coaches have input and then a decision is made
    I'd be surprised if Gerry agreed to this decision. Does the conference ultimately decide if the coaches don't agree?

Default Re: Louisiana vs South Alabama

According to the NCAA rulebook, the decision about what to do in this situation has to be agreed on by both coaches before the game starts. If I am understanding SB22 correctly, there is no decision by coaches, but the procedure is set by conference rule. The NCAA rules allow this.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information