Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: L Logo Hats

1. Default Re: L Logo Hats

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    You make a red (vermillion) color version EXACTLY like this one and I promise you it would sell like hot cakes to anyone 9 years old - 99 years old
    Might even be able to ship some to Louisville and make an extra dime like LSU tried to do on Louisiana's official store.

If they get good at it, LaRoche College RedHawks are next.

There are a bunch more that start with L but I don't know if the rest use red or not.

ps j/k

2. Default Re: L Logo Hats

Not a Hat post. With the awesome looking uniforms the Baseball and Softball teams have been wearing, I've noticed they don't wear the jersey with Louisiana across the chest anymore. Wondering if they have been told not the wear them. Anyone know???

3. Default Re: L Logo Hats

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Red View Post
    Not a Hat post. With the awesome looking uniforms the Baseball and Softball teams have been wearing, I've noticed they don't wear the jersey with Louisiana across the chest anymore. Wondering if they have been told not the wear them. Anyone know???
    Wierd how Louisiana's abandonment of "Louisiana" coincides with LSU's efforts to be known as Louisiana.

4. Default Re: L Logo Hats

Turbine, lsu has been holding the cajuns back for almost 50 years
    UL would be in the big 12 if not the sec if it wasnt for lsu

The main reason big conferences want them is the gameday atmosphere in football and basketball
    If it wasnt for lsu, we'd have atleast 4 football nattys, at least 4 more in basketball and another 4 in baseball

Im sure you agree? Yes
    Please let me know who agrees

5. Default Re: L Logo Hats

Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post

The main reason big conferences want them is the gameday atmosphere in football and basketball
    If it wasnt for lsu, we'd have atleast 4 football nattys, at least 4 more in basketball and another 4 in baseball

Im sure you agree? Yes
    Deflection sarcasm at its finest.

Default Re: L Logo Hats

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    I did come up with a script L which would be unique and different, but have to admit it doesn’t look as good as the block L.

I am only showing these pictures showing how good this ensemble looks.

Definitely need to create jackets like this!

Attachment 19454

Attachment 19455

Attachment 19456

Here is another block that is used with the Louisiana font but again not as good as the block L. Also this is me doing comparisons with the different type of logos

Attachment 19457

Attachment 19458

Attachment 19459

Attachment 19460

Attachment 19461

Someone choose the best one lol. Turbine isnt wrong that state does look good!

Now that i am looking at that logo on a baseball cap that would be a unique very classy logo! The state silhouette and the small fdl!Attachment 19462
    I still prefer the block L with the black trim, although the state of Louisiana with the FDL does look good. Too many Louisiana universities now use the state outline to make us unique. Join the other successful P5 schools and go with the block L.

7. Default Re: L Logo Hats

I knew you knew better carry on

Im sure you agree? Yes
    Gtfo ___ got

9. Default Re: L Logo Hats

I knew you knew better carry on
    Yeah, I do, I mean I know hwere you wanted it to go.

LSU's new vision to market ‘statewide university’ is nothing new, just a new push.

It is what they were doing (and trying to prevent UL from doing in the 1960's with a New Iberia Campus) with the opening of Eunice two years after fighting to prevent Soutwestern at New Iberia.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Wierd how Louisiana's abandonment of "Louisiana" coincides with LSU's efforts to be known as Louisiana.
    Well it was our abandon of the interlocking UL which it was a great symbol.

We just need to replace the interlocking UL with something else. The state or the L logo

11. Default Re: L Logo Hats

Well it was our abandon of the interlocking UL which it was a great symbol.

We just need to replace the interlocking UL with something else. The state or the L logo
    It was Louisville who first used and then abandoned the interlocking UL.

I created a white version of the block L. Which i thought of when the softball team was wearing there white uniforms. A red L would look great with a white back ground

Name:  IMG_7381.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  62.1 KB

Name:  IMG_7377.jpg
Size:  49.8 KB

Name:  IMG_7382.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  58.7 KB

I created a white version of the block L. Which i thought of when the softball team was wearing there white uniforms. A red L would look great with a white back ground

I love it. Think I'm gonna create my own just like it

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    I love it. Think I'm gonna create my own just like it
    Yeah smart move !!!

That combination is awesome. That block L, red with black trim on a white cap and white with black trim on a red cap, looks best and is the way to go. I would add that same Cajuns logo on the back of the cap so there is no mistaking who we are. I am glad to see we are updating the old Ragin Cajuns logo with the new Cajuns logo. This is far superior.

Lastly, regarding LSU's use of the L, that will not stand. Louisiana State is entrenched as LSU. Using an L will not be their identity any more than Florida State using an F like Florida or Michigan State using an M like Michigan. LSU already has its brand, LSU. We need our brand, L, and be proudly among all the P5 schools who do the same thing. We need to do it NOW.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information