Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: L Logo Hats

Default Re: L Logo Hats

FFS, NOBODY has a historical claim to a letter.

Who is M? Missouri? Miami of OH? Minnesota? Maryland?

Why don't they distinguish themselves? Because they are confident in who they are.

What do we do? We come up with a Power Point explaining exactly who we are and why that will play continuously on little screens placed on the helmets and ball caps. Better still, let's put the little screen inside of an outline of the state with Ragin Cajuns across the top and One and Only at the bottom. Then, we could superimpose Albineaux over all of it.

Everybody happy?

I would wear the ____ outta that hat.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    FFS, NOBODY has a historical claim to a letter.

Who is M? Missouri? Miami of OH? Minnesota? Maryland?

Why don't they distinguish themselves? Because they are confident in who they are.

What do we do? We come up with a Power Point explaining exactly who we are and why that will play continuously on little screens placed on the helmets and ball caps. Better still, let's put the little screen inside of an outline of the state with Ragin Cajuns across the top and One and Only at the bottom. Then, we could superimpose Albineaux over all of it.

Everybody happy?
    Last night, I saw someone wearing a Nebraska cap. Red with a white "N" and Huskers on the back. I would like to see the red cap with an L and "Cajuns" on the back in the font being used now on our softball and baseball uniforms. That would look awesome.

Using an L would put us in great company as you pointed out:

M - Michigan, Missouri, Maryland
    F - Florida
    A - Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona
    N - Nebraska, Nevada
    T - Texas, Tennessee
    M - Mississippi, Missouri, Minnesota
    G - Georgia
    I - Illinois, Indiana
    W - Wyoming

God forbid we do something that is proven to work for so many successful universities. We are the only Louisiana university that can claim and "L", regardless of what LSU does or tries to do. They are LSU. No one will substitute an L for LSU.

Lastly, using the "L" is legal. No worries about using UL. Adopt it and put Louisiana in the company of all the P5 schools who successfully use a letter.

4. Default Re: L Logo Hats

Using the L is legal. 100%

But don't get stuck on simple for simple's sake.

None of the schools that use the single letter have a state in the shape of an their first initial.

Louisiana does.

Use the shape of Louisiana.

It is simple, but it says soo much more.

I agree about the unique shape of Louisiana. But, LA Tech uses it. Northwestern uses it. Southeastern uses it. It is not going to be unique for UL to use it. Just putting a FDL on it doesn't readily say it is UL. We need to connect Louisiana, Ragin Cajuns and the FDL as being the University of Louisiana to the public. We don't do that. We use a combination of any two of those, but not all 3. Try using an L on the cap and on the back have Cajuns with a FDL above it. But, we need a marketing campaign in doing that, don't just roll it out and no one understands what we have done.

Well it could look something like this and be acceptable and popular.

I would go as far as if we even try to do a different L it would not be as acceptable as a Block L.

Block L looks like a major college. A Liberty L or Lamar L looks small time.

I dont know what it is. It has been ingrained in us because most if not all major colleges use block letters.

Front
    Name:  IMG_7280.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  52.0 KB

Back

Name:  IMG_7286.jpeg
Views: 216
Size:  28.0 KB

My goodness, use the "L" with a uniform combo. It's not a big deal, State used it in the 40's. So what?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post

I would go as far as if we even try to do a different L it would not be as acceptable as a Block L.

I dont know what it is. It has been ingrained in us because most if not all major colleges use block letters.

Front

Back

I like the block L. Put Cajuns a little lower on the cap and put a small FDL above it.

Front

Back

Or even Louisville with the old English L. Personally, I don't like it. The block L is the way to go. Like you said, it is what all the P5 schools use. Why not go with what we know is successful.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    I like the block L. Put Cajuns a little lower on the cap and put a small FDL above it.
    Name:  IMG_7299.jpeg
Views: 217
Size:  170.5 KB

Name:  IMG_7299.jpeg
Views: 217
Size:  170.5 KB
    A good looking combination with the block L. Adjusting the colors of the FDL with white instead of black or instead of red would look even better. JMO. Thanks for playing with this.

I did come up with a script L which would be unique and different, but have to admit it doesn’t look as good as the block L.

I am only showing these pictures showing how good this ensemble looks.

Definitely need to create jackets like this!

Name:  IMG_7314.jpeg
Views: 218
Size:  254.6 KB

Name:  IMG_7316.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  51.5 KB

Name:  IMG_7317.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  58.5 KB

Here is another block that is used with the Louisiana font but again not as good as the block L. Also this is me doing comparisons with the different type of logos

Name:  IMG_7320.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  55.9 KB

Name:  IMG_7321.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  62.3 KB

Name:  IMG_7322.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  62.4 KB

Name:  IMG_7325.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  65.3 KB

Name:  IMG_7326.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  54.5 KB

Someone choose the best one lol. Turbine isnt wrong that state does look good!

Now that i am looking at that logo on a baseball cap that would be a unique very classy logo! The state silhouette and the small fdl!Name:  IMG_7327.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  47.7 KB

13. Default Re: L Logo Hats

Just put all the different scripts on a Velcro patch!

14. Default Re: L Logo Hats

Quote Originally Posted by Atown cajun View Post
    Just put all the different scripts on a Velcro patch!
    Problem solved

LOL

You make a red (vermillion) color version EXACTLY like this one and I promise you it would sell like hot cakes to anyone 9 years old - 99 years old

Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information