Thread: Group of Five head coaches leaving for assistant jobs sign of college football landscape

UL Football Group of Five head coaches leaving for assistant jobs sign of college football landscape

What flashes like a big red warning light happened further down the coaching food chain when four Bowl Subdivision head coaches walked away from their jobs voluntarily to become assistants at bigger schools.
    Taken individually, each circumstance can be rationalized through a series of unique personal and professional factors.

But on a macro level, this is an almost completely new trend in a business where FBS head coaching jobs — even at the smaller programs — were viewed either as the pinnacle of a career or a launching pad to the big-time. And what it says about college sports right now is far more nuanced and important than Saban pining for the good old days when players didn’t ask about money.
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...s/72960199007/

So not only has the combo of no-sit transfer and NIL made it tough for G5 coaches to keep their star players, but now, that dynamic may have it more difficult for ADs to keep their head coaches from jumping to P5 assistant positions.

I hope AD Maggard is keeping a list ready in case this trend spills over to Men’s Basketball. Our program can’t afford to be caught flat footed if Coach Marlin gets plucked and bolts for a P5/Major assistant coach position.

Default Re: Group of Five head coaches leaving for assistant jobs sign of college football landscape

UL could promote the guy in charge of analytics in every sport to head coach, and be just as mediocre as we are now

3. Default Re: Group of Five head coaches leaving for assistant jobs sign of college football landscape

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post

So not only has the combo of no-sit transfer and NIL made it tough for G5 coaches to keep their star players, but now, that dynamic may have it more difficult for ADs to keep their head coaches from jumping to P5 assistant positions.

I hope AD Maggard is keeping a list ready in case this trend spills over to Men’s Basketball. Our program can’t afford to be caught flat footed if Coach Marlin gets plucked and bolts for a P5/Major assistant coach position.
    He won’t get an offer

Default Re: Group of Five head coaches leaving for assistant jobs sign of college football landscape

i read sarcasm dripping off the original post.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post

"I hope AD Maggard is keeping a list ready in case this trend spills over to Men’s Basketball. Our program can’t afford to be caught flat footed if Coach Marlin gets plucked and bolts for a P5/Major assistant coach position."

LoL! Man, I needed that laugh!!

Other than the stick sports, there isn’t a HC we need to be concerned about leaving.

Thread Information