Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: MBB Coaching Carousel- Non Power 5

Default Re: MBB Coaching Carousel- Non Power 5

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    No chance. WW's next job will be LSU-equivalent or better.
    Good fit for Louisville..
    Fits the templet

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Fits the templet
    True. They love hiring non conformists.

Ok, then he will be "told to retire". Sounds better than "fired"
    You are more optimistic than me. Our give our admin zero credit to get anything done.

I was mostly joking at first, but the more I think about it, the more it makes sense on both sides.

For Bob, he knows he’s getting fired within a couple of years, right? Even he doesn’t have his head in the sand that much. So at 65 years old, he has a chance to go out in a few years at a program that can be perceived as a high caliber than UL (even though it isn’t).

For Rice, they get a tenured coach with history in the state of Texas, who has credentials on paper. Plus, he graduates players

It’s a win-win.
    I see no reason for Bob to be worried about being fired or asked to retire. We sold less than 1,000 season tickets this year, and our AD still takes no action.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Fits the templet
    When I saw that Louisville parted ways with their coach I immediately thought of WW.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunchuck View Post
    When I saw that Louisville parted ways with their coach I immediately thought of WW.
    Know this list will grow, but Louisville would be in the clubhouse as a leader, with Vandy in second.
    https://dknetwork.draftkings.com/202...aching-changes

I was mostly joking at first, but the more I think about it, the more it makes sense on both sides.

For Bob, he knows he’s getting fired within a couple of years, right? Even he doesn’t have his head in the sand that much. So at 65 years old, he has a chance to go out in a few years at a program that can be perceived as a high caliber than UL (even though it isn’t).

For Rice, they get a tenured coach with history in the state of Texas, who has credentials on paper. Plus, he graduates players

It’s a win-win.
    Coaches and players don’t think like fans. Coach Marlin does not believe he will be let go within the next 2 years due to the fact he firmly believes the team will be much improved next season. If he has an attitude other than that one, he will struggle. Having said that I think he knows that improvement is expected to stay on.

8. Default Re: MBB Coaching Carousel- Non Power 5

The way this season played out was predicted.

For whomever predicted what transpired (at least for them) it seems like this season was a known-known.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Coaches and players don’t think like fans. Coach Marlin does not believe he will be let go within the next 2 years due to the fact he firmly believes the team will be much improved next season. If he has an attitude other than that one, he will struggle. Having said that I think he knows that improvement is expected to stay on.
    Good news, i’m thinking like a coach on this one. He knows. Every time he glances at the stands and sees that many empty seats, he knows. He might not tell you he knows, but he knows.

Good news, i’m thinking like a coach on this one. He knows. Every time he glances at the stands and sees that many empty seats, he knows. He might not tell you he knows, but he knows.
    He knows improvement is expected. He also has convinced himself the team will be much better next season. He will continue that thought process even if people leave in portal. He will simply get some transfers of his own.

"Believes"? By what metric? We lose Fulks and we have one guy coming in on the front line. We still have gaps at the guard position and depth overall?? Come on

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    "Believes"? By what metric? We lose Fulks and we have one guy coming in on the front line. We still have gaps at the guard position and depth overall?? Come on
    The metric that he will develop returning players and fill recruiting needs in April. A view like this is not unique to Coach Marlin. They have to think that way or failure is assured.

He knows improvement is expected. He also has convinced himself the team will be much better next season. He will continue that thought process even if people leave in portal. He will simply get some transfers of his own.
    This would depend on who transfers out. If it’s a Fulks, who especially with this season’s performance, is very replaceable I could see it being an accomplishable task to hit the portal and grab someone. There will be no “simply” replacing a Charles or Julien (not to say either have interest in leaving but just for example). He could definitely get transfers in but getting those of the caliber of a couple key guys would be a monumental achievement.

The prodigal son, Juan Howard, canned at Michigan. Losing to McNeese was the lid on his coffin, conference play were the nails.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    The prodigal son, Juan Howard, canned at Michigan. Losing to McNeese was the lid on his coffin, conference play were the nails.
    You would have thought slapping the schitt out of an old white coach last year would have been the nail in the coffin. But hey they won the national championship in football this year so nobody really remembered that.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information