Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: MBB Coaching Carousel- Non Power 5

Default Re: MBB Coaching Carousel- Non Power 5

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    You would have thought slapping the schitt out of an old white coach last year would have been the nail in the coffin. But hey they won the national championship in football this year so nobody really remembered that.
    Exactly. But he was a “Michigan Man”, that bought him time. He should be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Coaches and players don’t think like fans. Coach Marlin does not believe he will be let go within the next 2 years due to the fact he firmly believes the team will be much improved next season. If he has an attitude other than that one, he will struggle. Having said that I think he knows that improvement is expected to stay on.
    Well damn. He's been "expecting" to be improved every year. Yet.......here we are, with 14 years of complete mediocrity. Expecting means nothing. Certainly doesn't mean you should retain/extend a coach because, well......"he expects to be improved". The mental gymnastics needed to keep painting this steaming turd of a program with excuse after excuse, must be exhausting.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    I see no reason for Bob to be worried about being fired or asked to retire. We sold less than 1,000 season tickets this year, and our AD still takes no action.
    1,000 season tickets would be a step up for Rice in their high school gym.

Coaches and players don’t think like fans. Coach Marlin does not believe he will be let go within the next 2 years due to the fact he firmly believes the team will be much improved next season. If he has an attitude other than that one, he will struggle. Having said that I think he knows that improvement is expected to stay on.
    If a tree falls in the middle of the forest will anyone hear it?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Well damn. He's been "expecting" to be improved every year. Yet.......here we are, with 14 years of complete mediocrity. Expecting means nothing. Certainly doesn't mean you should retain/extend a coach because, well......"he expects to be improved". The mental gymnastics needed to keep painting this steaming turd of a program with excuse after excuse, must be exhausting.
    The post you are responding to in no way was meant to indicate how the administration/fans looks at things or should look at things when making decisions. It simply was a reminder of how coaches and players look at things. With few exceptions, they all think success will come soon. That is why none think they will be fired soon. Of course with rare exceptions, all coaches will eventually be fired. That is a profession in which you are hired to be fired. Also, you use hyperbole when describing the program. One that was in the 2022 SBC tournament finals, 2023 NCAA tournament, and won 17 D1 games in 2023-24 is not a steaming turd of a program. Disappointing results this year would be most accurate. Especially disappointing was the poor finish after a mid -season string of success. I attribute that to the team wearing down. If you want to attribute that to some decisions made by the staff, I would understand.

The post you are responding to in no way was meant to indicate how the administration/fans looks at things or should look at things when making decisions. It simply was a reminder of how coaches and players look at things. With few exceptions, they all think success will come soon. That is why none think they will be fired soon. Of course with rare exceptions, all coaches will eventually be fired. That is a profession in which you are hired to be fired. Also, you use hyperbole when describing the program. One that was in the 2022 SBC tournament finals, 2023 NCAA tournament, and won 17 D1 games in 2023-24 is not a steaming turd of a program. Disappointing results this year would be most accurate. Especially disappointing was the poor finish after a mid -season string of success. I attribute that to the team wearing down. If you want to attribute that to some decisions made by the staff, I would understand.
    "One that was in the 2022 SBC tournament finals, 2023 NCAA tournament, and won 17 D1 games in 2023-24 is not a steaming turd of a program"

Great. Now do his 14 year tenure.

So, you think Marlin is still the right guy for this program? If it's not a steaming turd, then how would you describe it? His numbers after 14 LONG years is mediocre at best. Every year he "expected" to get better. Mike, it ain't working brother. Call a spade a spade. It's the same milqutoast program with the same damn excuses. You think all of a sudden Marlin is gonna become some dynamic coaching machine? Start reeling off conf championships and runs in the NCAA tourney? LoL! He is who he is. And we have 14 years of data to prove it. Let me ask....Is Marlin also expecting attendance to be better next season too?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    "One that was in the 2022 SBC tournament finals, 2023 NCAA tournament, and won 17 D1 games in 2023-24 is not a steaming turd of a program"

Great. Now do his 14 year tenure.

So, you think Marlin is still the right guy for this program? If it's not a steaming turd, then how would you describe it? His numbers after 14 LONG years is mediocre at best. Every year he "expected" to get better. Mike, it ain't working brother. Call a spade a spade. It's the same milqutoast program with the same damn excuses. You think all of a sudden Marlin is gonna become some dynamic coaching machine? Start reeling off conf championships and runs in the NCAA tourney? LoL! He is who he is. And we have 14 years of data to prove it. Let me ask....Is Marlin also expecting attendance to be better next season too?
    I would understand calling the long term results mediocre. I would define mediocre as not good, not bad, slightly better than average. That is definitely more accurate than a "steaming turd". I would also say a program that has not met the long term expectations of much of the fan base would be an OK description. You may think I am nitpicking. I was an engineer in my professional career before retiring. A penchant for accuracy (including verbal descriptions of a situation) in all endeavors is part of our analytical nature. As far as attendance goes, I don't know what folks in the program would say is expected next season. If I had to guess, I would imagine they believe improvement will occur. That is due to the new ticketing system, more people in RCAF dedicated to selling tickets, and more promotions like the one that ended the season being planned.

Well, things could always be worse.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...oach-dismissal

UTSA fires Steve Henson. Was previously posted by Babb for Heisman that Rice canned their coach Scott Pera.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Well, things could always be worse.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...oach-dismissal
    Guess they found the issue amd got rid of it.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Guess they found the issue amd got rid of it.
    Not yet, finishing in a flurry.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckster View Post
    UTSA fires Steve Henson. Was previously posted by Babb for Heisman that Rice canned their coach Scott Pera.
    Two potential landing spots for the big fish!

Breaking: Dave Campbell's can confirm that UTSA is expected to hire Alabama assistant and former Nicholls head coach Austin Claunch as its next men's basketball coach. @AlamoCityHoops1 was first on it. #BirdsUp

The metric that he will develop returning players and fill recruiting needs in April. A view like this is not unique to Coach Marlin. They have to think that way or failure is assured.
    Yeah, well I wasn't even talking about the other possible players that might leave

With the new norm of 1,700 plus kids hitting the portal, everyone’s roster has to be fluid. Look at FAU, they kept almost everyone, and they dropped off. Cajuns kept many, and didn’t replace equally or better.

—————-
    Here’s a HC job opening.
    https://www.thedailyiberian.com/spor...CaZt11wYGJVAGI

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information