Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Opinion: What a joke UL athletics has turned into!

Default Re: What a joke UL athletics has turned into!

Quote Originally Posted by GMG View Post
    First year coach at mcneese just punched their ticket to the big dance. It's amazing what a coach can do in his first year. Compare that to the coach UL has retained for the men's basketball program has been to the dance twice in 15 years.

Every sport at UL has turned into a major disappointment along with the athletic director. Changing the landscape at UL has been needed for a long time. This new landscape doesn't mean much since the fans don't attend the games. Just look at the attendance numbers across all major sports, UL should be embarrassed.

Of course no one will do anything about the constant failures at UL. The coaches for baseball, softball, basketball and football have been at UL long enough and yet all of these sports have deteriorated to the point that people have lost all interest.

It's time to clean house and find coaches that can win and build winners. At the present time this university is in dire straights and no one cares enough to talk about it or do anything at all to address the elephant in the room. I'm so tired of having average teams and these coaches are receiving annual raises and contract extensions.

Unfortunately this university will never amount to much of anything because of the poor leadership and lack of accountability!
    We will be just fine in baseball and softball. We have the right players and coaches in place for the time being.
    Basketball - you are correct - need a new coach ASAP.

Football - time will tell this year. If he doesn't get to at least 8 wins, he should be let go.

Welcome to the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    They won’t, and considering what we’re seeing, I’d rather someone not post crap like that on here unless they’ve also got some legit details to accompany it.
    Damn. Didn't mean to hurt your feelings. A lot of you people on this board seem to know quite a bit about what goes on in the athletic department. Do a little digging. ask a few questions.

3. Default Re: What a joke UL athletics has turned into!

Whomever thinks I'm a mcneese or lsu fan can't be further from the truth. I've donated thousands of dollars to UL athletics since the 1980s. I graduated from UL as well.

The football coach is in his 3rd year not his second and he has done nothing in 2 plus years. The football program is crap and most of you know it. This will not change the attendance and neither will a new seating arrangement in a remodeled stadium. But keep thinking your AD made s good hire!

The basketball coaches for men and women are average. You can't build a program on average. That is why once every 9 years the team might make the ncaa tourney. This track record is definitely something to look forward to. Nothing will change with attendance, the mickey mouse home games just pad wins that mean nothing. Marlin is not the right fit, period.

Baseball coach now in his 5th year is also average. The two predessors wasted zero time in creating a nationally ranked program. Not this coach.

Softball coach unfortunately has turned a perennial nationally ranked power house program into what it is today.
    Very concerning and sad.

I'm sick and tired of throwing money away to support an athletic department that can't get out of their own way. Think about this for a moment. Maggard came to UL from Missouri and when there was an opening at Missouri, Maggard wasn't interviewed. Why is that if he is so good at being the AD??

I'm disgusted at how average every major sport is at UL. Absolutely nothing will change unless people demand it. How many of you reading my posts can say they are secure in their jobs like the coaches that work for UL?

Can you be average at your job and still keep your job long term? Well at UL this is paradise for the average coach.

By the way I've only posted a couple of other times over the last few years, so I'm not new to this page. I just felt like saying something for a change called reality. I really don't care if anyone agrees with me or not. The bottom line is how long will you and our university allow poor coaching and attendance in every sport continue?? Let's not wait until we have completely gone back to Dr Authement's days and every sport has to start over with an empty cupboard!

Use your voice coming from your mind, not your heart. We all want our university to succeed and as one responder mentioned that the academic side of UL is thriving and maybe that's good enough for some of you, not me!

I get no joy out of writing this post. I get even less joy by attending UL athletic events. Maybe one day all of this will be better. But I don't think that will happen any tiime soon due to the current AD.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    McNeese was willing to help WW get space from LSU and knew the base in LC loves LSU connections. Snort that p&g line quicker than you can say a-choo. A perfect storm, that won’t last. I’m sure his phone will ring in a few weeks, and he’s gone. All the talk he’s feeding them can’t top the offers coming.
    Wade has 1 more year under a show of cause, then he is gone. Congratulations to McNeese for rolling the dice and taking a chance on him. The other side of the story is at what cost? Their football is terrible, so is baseball and softball isn't great after a good run last season.

Whomever thinks I'm a mcneese or lsu fan can't be further from the truth. I've donated thousands of dollars to UL athletics since the 1980s. I graduated from UL as well.

The football coach is in his 3rd year not his second and he has done nothing in 2 plus years. The football program is crap and most of you know it. This will not change the attendance and neither will a new seating arrangement in a remodeled stadium. But keep thinking your AD made s good hire!

The basketball coaches for men and women are average. You can't build a program on average. That is why once every 9 years the team might make the ncaa tourney. This track record is definitely something to look forward to. Nothing will change with attendance, the mickey mouse home games just pad wins that mean nothing. Marlin is not the right fit, period.

Baseball coach now in his 5th year is also average. The two predessors wasted zero time in creating a nationally ranked program. Not this coach.

Softball coach unfortunately has turned a perennial nationally ranked power house program into what it is today.
    Very concerning and sad.

I'm sick and tired of throwing money away to support an athletic department that can't get out of their own way. Think about this for a moment. Maggard came to UL from Missouri and when there was an opening at Missouri, Maggard wasn't interviewed. Why is that if he is so good at being the AD??

I'm disgusted at how average every major sport is at UL. Absolutely nothing will change unless people demand it. How many of you reading my posts can say they are secure in their jobs like the coaches that work for UL?

Can you be average at your job and still keep your job long term? Well at UL this is paradise for the average coach.

By the way I've only posted a couple of other times over the last few years, so I'm not new to this page. I just felt like saying something for a change called reality. I really don't care if anyone agrees with me or not. The bottom line is how long will you and our university allow poor coaching and attendance in every sport continue?? Let's not wait until we have completely gone back to Dr Authement's days and every sport has to start over with an empty cupboard!

Use your voice coming from your mind, not your heart. We all want our university to succeed and as one responder mentioned that the academic side of UL is thriving and maybe that's good enough for some of you, not me!

I get no joy out of writing this post. I get even less joy by attending UL athletic events. Maybe one day all of this will be better. But I don't think that will happen any tiime soon due to the current AD.
    EASY NOW. That's way too much truth in one post. Some people on this board don't like the truth. Delusion rules and everything will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Wade has 1 more year under a show of cause, then he is gone. Congratulations to McNeese for rolling the dice and taking a chance on him. The other side of the story is at what cost? Their football is terrible, so is baseball and softball isn't great after a good run last season.
    God forbid UL to "roll the dice" on a damn good coach. Oh, I forgot, WW isn't perfect.

7. Default Re: What a joke UL athletics has turned into!

Very concerning and sad.
    Wild swings rarely land punches.

You post this a week+ after the biggest win for any sport in Louisiana regular season history.

What do you mean by what cost? Do you think hiring Wade hurts their reputation? Nope.
    I'd bet he makes the sweet 16 this month with the money and priceless publicity that comes with it.
    I wish the people at UL had the balls to make such a hire.

Quote Originally Posted by babysitter View Post
    Damn. Didn't mean to hurt your feelings. A lot of you people on this board seem to know quite a bit about what goes on in the athletic department. Do a little digging. ask a few questions.
    No hurt feelings, baw. Just that the old “this big thing by this big name was going to happen until those at the top messed it up” has grown to become like the JMV-Vic back and forth. Like someone above stated, at this point, not sure good keeping such things cryptic is doing us and our program.

I don’t think anyone cares about show causes anymore. What can’t he do? Make recruiting trips? Contact recruits? There’s ways around all of the show clause BS. As much as I can’t stand the guy, his name recruits for the program as do his results. He turns around programs in short periods of time. It all speaks for itself. And now that NIL is a thing, big programs aren’t afraid to throw money at coaches with shady pasts. Look at Kelvin Sampson, Rick Pitino and Chris Beard.

UL Softball Re: What a joke UL athletics has turned into!

Very concerning and sad.

Yes, Glasco has run the program into the ground.

I hope you are aware that Coach Glasco's teams at UL have done the following:

Every full season with 40+ wins
    Two seasons, including last year with 50 wins or more.
    Every full season advanced at least to Championship Sunday in the NCAA Regionals.
    Won the Baton Rouge regional last year.
    Won the Conference every season since 2018 [when we were second, but still went to Championship game in NCAA Regional].
    Is 255 -69 [79%]
    The Lotiefs were 81%
    Yvette was 79%

But keep thinking your AD made s good hire!
    Please notice the the word "your" in the quoted comment.

Pretty odd that someone who has has supposedly donated "thousands of dollars" doesn't use the word our when talking about our athletic director.

You're busted! Now get the F outta here with your garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    You post this a week+ after the biggest win for any sport in Louisiana regular season history.
    Are you referring to softball vs Oklahoma? If so, I'm starting to understand the attitude toward UL that we get from Joe Public

14. Default Re: What a joke UL athletics has turned into!

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    Are you referring to softball vs Oklahoma? If so, I'm starting to understand the attitude toward UL that we get from Joe Public
    I agree Joe Public should be fired up about Softball's potential after they beat the unbeatable.

15. Default Re: Opinion: What a joke UL athletics has turned into!

Since losing to Louisiana Softball, Oklahoma has rattled of 6-straight to the tune of 58-4.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information