Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Opinion: What a joke UL athletics has turned into!

1. Ragin' Cajuns Opinion: What a joke UL athletics has turned into!

First year coach at mcneese just punched their ticket to the big dance. It's amazing what a coach can do in his first year. Compare that to the coach UL has retained for the men's basketball program has been to the dance twice in 15 years.

Every sport at UL has turned into a major disappointment along with the athletic director. Changing the landscape at UL has been needed for a long time. This new landscape doesn't mean much since the fans don't attend the games. Just look at the attendance numbers across all major sports, UL should be embarrassed.

Of course no one will do anything about the constant failures at UL. The coaches for baseball, softball, basketball and football have been at UL long enough and yet all of these sports have deteriorated to the point that people have lost all interest.

It's time to clean house and find coaches that can win and build winners. At the present time this university is in dire straights and no one cares enough to talk about it or do anything at all to address the elephant in the room. I'm so tired of having average teams and these coaches are receiving annual raises and contract extensions.

Unfortunately this university will never amount to much of anything because of the poor leadership and lack of accountability!

Default Re: What a joke UL athletics has turned into!

You new here? LoL

The University or just athletics. Academics doing pretty good and heading up. Athletics struggling. Maybe we’ve become an academic institution??

McNeese doesn't bother me. WW will go one day for major dollars. Took 22 years for them to get back to the dance. Which is about a decade shorter than L A Tech. Let the squirrel enjoy chewing on the nut.

Baseball and softball both in regionals the last couple of years. Baseball fans have been up this year compared to the last 3 or 4. I don’t go to soft ball to say. Basketball coach has definitely been here long. Football only in his 2nd year.

I am not disputing everything you said but some just wasn’t accurate.

Softball 25 years since they failed to reach a regional. In the Super regional last year. RPI consistently in top 25. Top 15 or so nationally in per game home attendance every year. About 1600 fans in Lamson tonight for a midweek game. Yeah, softball is definitely struggling.

first post. you boys are getting played......

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    first post. you boys are getting played......
    I smell cow plop. First sentence is a give away, a broke back trying to chirp.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    I could see that being the case. If it is, they've waited a while for this opportunity

Meanwhile, L A Tech falls in the CUSA tournament and finishes at 22-10. And 33 years with zero NCAA appearances. Even ULM has a shorter drought at 28.

McNeese doesn't bother me. WW will go one day for major dollars. Took 22 years for them to get back to the dance. Which is about a decade shorter than L A Tech. Let the squirrel enjoy chewing on the nut.
    Of course he will but they had a fantastic season (beat us), won the conference, punched a ticket to the big dance and drew way more attendance than we did so....

Well, we did have to "manufacture" a 2-1 win in softball over McNeese so....

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Of course he will but they had a fantastic season (beat us), won the conference, punched a ticket to the big dance and drew way more attendance than we did so....
    McNeese was willing to help WW get space from LSU and knew the base in LC loves LSU connections. Snort that p&g line quicker than you can say a-choo. A perfect storm, that won’t last. I’m sure his phone will ring in a few weeks, and he’s gone. All the talk he’s feeding them can’t top the offers coming.

McNeese was willing to help WW get space from LSU and knew the base in LC loves LSU connections. Snort that p&g line quicker than you can say a-choo. A perfect storm, that won’t last. I’m sure his phone will ring in a few weeks, and he’s gone. All the talk he’s feeding them can’t top the offers coming.
    Ahh yes, McNeese was just helping out... lol

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Well, we did have to "manufacture" a 2-1 win in softball over McNeese so....
    McNeese has a quality softball program. Their RPI as of pregame yesterday was 33. No surprise that we beat them, but also no surprise that we had to work for it.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information