Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Opinion: What a joke UL athletics has turned into!

Default Re: What a joke UL athletics has turned into!

Quote Originally Posted by GMG View Post
    First year coach at mcneese just punched their ticket to the big dance. It's amazing what a coach can do in his first year. Compare that to the coach UL has retained for the men's basketball program has been to the dance twice in 15 years.

Every sport at UL has turned into a major disappointment along with the athletic director. Changing the landscape at UL has been needed for a long time. This new landscape doesn't mean much since the fans don't attend the games. Just look at the attendance numbers across all major sports, UL should be embarrassed.

Of course no one will do anything about the constant failures at UL. The coaches for baseball, softball, basketball and football have been at UL long enough and yet all of these sports have deteriorated to the point that people have lost all interest.

It's time to clean house and find coaches that can win and build winners. At the present time this university is in dire straights and no one cares enough to talk about it or do anything at all to address the elephant in the room. I'm so tired of having average teams and these coaches are receiving annual raises and contract extensions.

Unfortunately this university will never amount to much of anything because of the poor leadership and lack of accountability!
    Agree 100% , I’d like to add, Maggard does not care about the middle class fans, hard working folks, who can’t afford these ridiculous add on fees for every sport. Some coaches are over paid, Marlin for one

Quote Originally Posted by USLJim View Post
    Agree 100% , I’d like to add, Maggard does not care about the middle class fans, hard working folks, who can’t afford these ridiculous add on fees for every sport. Some coaches are over paid, Marlin for one
    Speaking of ridiculous fees, how about the $5 "printing fee" for tickets purchased at the window for walk-up baseball tickets. That bull____ is gonna chase fans away. $20 for a bleacher seat is too much, IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Speaking of ridiculous fees, how about the $5 "printing fee" for tickets purchased at the window for walk-up baseball tickets. That bull____ is gonna chase fans away. $20 for a bleacher seat is too much, IMO
    I would say lets just do away with printing them but then we would get charged a "$10 technology fee" to transfer them to our phones.....

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Once I found that out (via the box office itself), they said it's just easier to go on the app and buy them. They were right. Stepped aside, got them via my phone, went in. Job done.

I like printed tickets, though.

Let’s not forget that McNeese’s “major basketball success” came from playing a cupcake schedule and a cupcake conference. Their SOS is in the 300s, and they are 1-2 against schools in the top 100RPI.

They punched their ticket because the SLC is a horrible basketball conference. With the level of talent in the SLC, our teams would have made the NCAAs 9/10 years.

So good for them, but Marlin - the guy everyone thinks sucks - has consistently put better teams than this on the floor. They ain’t that special.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    Let’s not forget that McNeese’s “major basketball success” came from playing a cupcake schedule and a cupcake conference. Their SOS is in the 300s, and they are 1-2 against schools in the top 100RPI.

They punched their ticket because the SLC is a horrible basketball conference. With the level of talent in the SLC, our teams would have made the NCAAs 9/10 years.

So good for them, but Marlin - the guy everyone thinks sucks - has consistently put better teams than this on the floor. They ain’t that special.
    Hmm lets see

They beat us, Southern Miss, Louisiana Tech, UAB, VCU and Michigan.....not saying they had the hardest schedule in the world but they took care of business

You act like the Sunbelt has been juggernaut in basketball the past 10 years...it has not been anywhere close to that.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Hmm lets see

They beat us, Southern Miss, Louisiana Tech, UAB, VCU and Michigan.....not saying they had the hardest schedule in the world but they took care of business

You act like the Sunbelt has been juggernaut in basketball the past 10 years...it has not been anywhere close to that.
    Not to nitpick but they lost to Louisiana tech.

They also beat college of biblical studies, champion Baptist, letourneau and Mississippi university for birthing people.

They have been impressive as their guard play has been ridiculously good along with how physical their inside guys are.

Having said all that, they lost to slu and needed a late 3 to beat Lamar. I think they were lucky to beat us as well.

If they played our schedule do you think they would be 30-3? I don’t. App and JMU would give them fits. Usm is a different team at home. I’m not saying the sun belt is a juggernaut but they wouldn’t run roughshod through the belt like they did through the southland.

It’ll be interesting to see if they can sustain their success once wade bolts. I would keep an eye on the Louisville job.

8. Default Re: What a joke UL athletics has turned into!

... Marlin ... has consistently put better teams ... on the floor.
    Under your scenario "consistent" is easier to achieve.

Kudos to Marlin for negotiating a unique booster contract from the start.

And you are correct, "consistently" is an accurate word.

When you are fortunate enough to be in a position where your contract calls on you to be in the same position for 1/6 of a century, "better teams" every for or five years can 100% be called consistent.

You couldn't say that on a 4 year contract.

Truthfully though "consistently" should should be achieved in shorter intervals.

jmo

LoL! Dude they beat us!

They are a projected 12 seed Marlings highest was 14.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    They are a projected 12 seed Marlings highest was 14.
    Cajuns were a 13 last year

Lunardi has mcneese as a 13 while JMU is an 11

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Cajuns were a 13 last year
    It shows how much Marlin ball I've watched in the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    It shows how much Marlin ball I've watched in the last few years.
    You haven't missed anything. Unless you like watching grass grow.

*its crazy that i have to put this disclaimer out there -because anything remotely not agreeing with the pitch forks automatically is seen as supporting the admin - we need to schedule better. with that said, marlin would be crucified if he scheduled the way the pokes did in non conference this year.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    *its crazy that i have to put this disclaimer out there -because anything remotely not agreeing with the pitch forks automatically is seen as supporting the admin - we need to schedule better. with that said, marlin would be crucified if he scheduled the way the pokes did in non conference this year.
    Marlins non conference schedule DOES suck. You think his non conf scheduling is good???

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information