Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7

Thread: Opinion: What a joke UL athletics has turned into!

1. Default Re: Opinion: What a joke UL athletics has turned into!

Do you actually think people will support UL financially if the administration and under performing coaches are still employed? That is delusional and not going to happen. I wish and pray it could be different.

2. Default Re: What a joke UL athletics has turned into!

Another delusional fan. WW and his team kicked our butts this year as did LA Tech. Maybe if aren't going to make a real commitment to improving the teams on the fields and courts we should go back to the SLC. No one goes to the basketball ball games so I feel sorry for the players.

Marlin is predictable and WW has beaten Marlin twice especially when UL was supposed to have the better team.

Maybe the administration is thinking like this poster instead of doing the smart thing.

3. Default Re: Opinion: What a joke UL athletics has turned into!

somebody is scratching an itch

4. Default Re: Opinion: What a joke UL athletics has turned into!

I used to plan my life around UL football, basketball and baseball. Now I have a huge hole in my life because I will no longer support my university with the status quo.

I guess I have a lot of free time on my hands and money to donate elsewhere.

5. Default Re: Opinion: What a joke UL athletics has turned into!

Louisiana and those similarly situated are really more a victim of the system than they are of themselves unless you let the handful of noisy posters here control the latter. Yes, there are things we could do better, but it is never as bad as portrayed here.

All I can hope as a supporter of Louisiana is that other supporters make up their own minds based upon valid information they source as oppose to most of the yelling that is found here.

Look hard and you will see how few we have controlling the narrative here. Do you want to let those few control your dollars?

Default Re: Opinion: What a joke UL athletics has turned into!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Louisiana and those similarly situated are really more a victim of the system than they are of themselves unless you let the handful of noisy posters here control the latter. Yes, there are things we could do better, but it is never as bad as portrayed here.

All I can hope as a supporter of Louisiana is that other supporters make up their own minds based upon valid information they source as oppose to most of the yelling that is found here.

Look hard and you will see how few we have controlling the narrative here. Do you want to let those few control your dollars?
    I agree that we are a victum of the system that has been created. But to say we as fans need to do better is kind of misleading.

The administration doesn’t know what direction to go in. We are spinning in circles. If that’s not the case then they do a terrible job of conveying that to their fans/consumers.

Can we compete with the big 4 conferences?

Do we have donor support that rivals the big 4?

Do we cultivate a new fan base?

Where will NIL money come from?

Who will buy season tickets at ultra premium prices, when we can’t compete financially? When the consumer knows we can’t compete.

What is our identity as an athletic program?

What is the direction of this program as a whole?

There are so many questions that are just hanging out there that everyday normal fans are beginning to ask and we get no answers. Just told to shut up and support us. What does UL Athletics want to be?

7. Default Re: Opinion: What a joke UL athletics has turned into!

If this place is the face of Louisiana, no one should ever become a fan of any sport there. There is no wonder.

8. Default Re: Opinion: What a joke UL athletics has turned into!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    If this place is the face of Louisiana, no one should ever become a fan of any sport there. There is no wonder.
    Thats not the elephants trunk you are holding on to, its the tail.

9. Default Re: Opinion: What a joke UL athletics has turned into!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Thats not the elephants trunk you are holding on to, it’s the tail.

Well, it is a hell of a ride if you can hold on.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7

Thread Information