Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Final MBB Podcast.

Default Re: Final MBB Podcast.

Do yall get into the state of the program? Poor attendance, fan apathy, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by 8675309 View Post
    Thank you Mike and Craig for showcasing the program. Bob is excited about the future of the program, the core group returning, and the recruits that are and will be looked at.
    Looking at the Nichols vs
    McNeese basketball game.
    Both teams play good basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Do yall get into the state of the program? Poor attendance, fan apathy, etc?
    No. Our analysis is strictly an analysis of on court play. It will always be that way as long as I am involved with this. I will leave it to others to discuss the marketing stuff. The Ragin Review guys can address that. Two of those three guys have admitted they don’t know enough about what is involved with the game to analyze it so they don’t even try. I respect them for their honesty. Our approach may be boring to some but it fits the personalities of Craig and I.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    No. Our analysis is strictly an analysis of on court play. It will always be that way as long as I am involved with this. I will leave it to others to discuss the marketing stuff. The Ragin Review guys can address that. Two of those three guys have admitted they don’t know enough about what is involved with the game to analyze it so they don’t even try. I respect them for their honesty. Our approach may be boring to some but it fits the personalities of Craig and I.
    I gotcha. I haven't listened, so I wasn't sure what style show you guys did. I'll check it out. Thanks Mike

Thanks Mike, I listened this morning and have listened to almost every episode of the season and always enjoy the insight. I don’t get in to too many of the basketball threads here anymore because it is pretty much the same thing over and over again but I will post my opinion on the season here. I don’t think it was by coincidental that about the same time Butler left the team and Hardy had the concussion issue is when they went on that 7 game win streak and we’re playing their best basketball. It was basically down to a six man rotation at that point and those guys were playing really well together. I also think playing that many minutes in all of those games is why we saw them hit the wall down the stretch, it was just a little too much to sustain. Especially for a guy like Kobe, you just saw the outside shooting disappear. It was a fun team to watch, loved the hustle in most of these guys, they just looked tired and a step off at the end. The preseason injuries and redshirt decisions didn’t seem like that big of factor at them time because they weren’t key guys, but I think it really did become a factor, especially having 2 guys leave before the end of the season.

I saw that you posted a correction on the portal entry date. Don’t know if you have seen Meyer and Blackmon from Costal Carolina have already entered. I was pretty impressed by Meyer in the tournament. Also I assume the JUCO PG you mentioned is Brody Robinson. Throwing the name out there because I had already mentioned him I think in the thread when Jeremiah Evans signed. It is out there on a few recruiting sites and his personal twitter that we offered, but I think he has about 20 offers at this point. Hopefully we are a front runner because he looks to be tearing it up at the JUCO level.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    Thanks Mike, I listened this morning and have listened to almost every episode of the season and always enjoy the insight. I don’t get in to too many of the basketball threads here anymore because it is pretty much the same thing over and over again but I will post my opinion on the season here. I don’t think it was by coincidental that about the same time Butler left the team and Hardy had the concussion issue is when they went on that 7 game win streak and we’re playing their best basketball. It was basically down to a six man rotation at that point and those guys were playing really well together. I also think playing that many minutes in all of those games is why we saw them hit the wall down the stretch, it was just a little too much to sustain. Especially for a guy like Kobe, you just saw the outside shooting disappear. It was a fun team to watch, loved the hustle in most of these guys, they just looked tired and a step off at the end. The preseason injuries and redshirt decisions didn’t seem like that big of factor at them time because they weren’t key guys, but I think it really did become a factor, especially having 2 guys leave before the end of the season.

I saw that you posted a correction on the portal entry date. Don’t know if you have seen Meyer and Blackmon from Costal Carolina have already entered. I was pretty impressed by Meyer in the tournament. Also I assume the JUCO PG you mentioned is Brody Robinson. Throwing the name out there because I had already mentioned him I think in the thread when Jeremiah Evans signed. It is out there on a few recruiting sites and his personal twitter that we offered, but I think he has about 20 offers at this point. Hopefully we are a front runner because he looks to be tearing it up at the JUCO level.
    I agree completely and mentioned it til I was blue in the face. We didn't play or develop our bench enough. I worked for a while but its a LONG season and you have to be able to rest guys especially a big burly guy like Kitenge and Julien who until this season, struggled to stay on the floor. We also had a shortage of guys who could beat defenders off the dribble and we refused to hit mid range shots even when teams drove us off the 3point line.

We also lost two contributors during the season who felt they didn't want to be here. That's troubling and I'm sure * can help explain that.

Very insightful comments made by both Hatch and Zephyr in response to our final podcast. For the record, I am fairly confident in saying 8675309 is NOT the wife of the head coach. I have no idea who that person may be.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Very insightful comments made by both Hatch and Zephyr in response to our final podcast. For the record, I am fairly confident in saying 8675309 is NOT the wife of the head coach. I have no idea who that person may be.
    I think we can all figure out who he is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information