Louisiana 5, McNeese 4

Default Re: SB Final: Louisiana 5, McNeese 4

Geaux Cajuns! Clutch strike outs!

Sheesh. Geaux Cajuns

4. Default Re: SB Final: Louisiana 5, McNeese 4

sometimes you need to reach to prevail against good co petition

Far from a perfect game, some recurring issues popped up again, but it was a gritty win. Scheduling hard helps you overcome some of that stuff. The team knows what they are about. They know what plan B needs to be if A isn’t working. I think Gerry’s line up card goes all the way to plan Z.

6. Default Re: SB Final: Louisiana 5, McNeese 4

Unless Warren Nolan's Base RPI calculations are lagging tonight, I expect the Cajuns to pass Arkansas (by a small margin) in the official RPI calculations through today's games. That would put the Cajuns at #13, trailing Florida State at #12.

Brian

7. Default Re: SB Final: Louisiana 5, McNeese 4

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    Unless Warren Nolan's Base RPI calculations are lagging tonight, I expect the Cajuns to pass Arkansas (by a small margin) in the official RPI calculations through today's games. That would put the Cajuns at #13, trailing Florida State at #12.
    Cajuns did pass Arkansas and Florida State did pass the Cajuns, but I should have said Cajuns at #14 (does not move in ranking). Florida State also moved past Oklahoma State, to get to #11 (not good for the Cajuns). That said, I do think the Cajuns would currently come in at the #16 seed (Florida being #15). With a possibility of being #15.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    Cajuns did pass Arkansas and Florida State did pass the Cajuns, but I should have said Cajuns at #14 (does not move in ranking). Florida State also moved past Oklahoma State, to get to #11 (not good for the Cajuns). That said, I do think the Cajuns would currently come in at the #16 seed (Florida being #15). With a possibility of being #15.

Brian
    As always, I appreciate your insight. My question not necessarily to you alone, is do we really want to host as a 15 or 16?

I know most people usually say that you always want to host, but being matched up with a 1 or 2 in the supers is a tall order. I’m torn.

Do you think we host if we end up between 14-16 in the final RPI?

Let’s host then beat OU in the supers

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard 1280 View Post
    As always, I appreciate your insight. My question not necessarily to you alone, is do we really want to host as a 15 or 16?

I know most people usually say that you always want to host, but being matched up with a 1 or 2 in the supers is a tall order. I’m torn.

Maybe someone can remember, but has LSU and UL hosted a regional same year?

Given mindset is/should be growth, have a hard time seeing committee handing out 2 regionals in Louisiana at schools separated by less than 60 miles.

I know Glasco is selling it, but I just don’t see it. To me, get as high as RPI as possible to at least force NCAA to send Cajuns somewhere other than Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSID View Post

Given mindset is/should be growth, have a hard time seeing committee handing out 2 regionals in Louisiana at schools separated by less than 60 miles.

I know Glasco is selling it, but I just don’t see it. To me, get as high as RPI as possible to at least force NCAA to send Cajuns somewhere other than Texas.
    Send us somewhere other then Refineryville against TSAB

12. UL Softball Re: SB Final: Louisiana 5, McNeese 4

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard 1280 View Post

I always want to host. Great for the program and fans. By the same logic, would you have preferred that the Cajun baseball team not hosted in 2000 (even though they were the #2 seed in their own regional)? They were paired with the #1 national seed South Carolina for the Super Regional round. I mean ... no way they beat South Carolina if they were fortunate enough to win their own regional, right?

Imagine what a lost opportunity not hosting would have been in 2000.

You cannot place a definite RPI ranking on hosting (in the lower range). It will depend on the competition resumes (metrics other than pure RPI ranking). This is why I have Florida ahead of the Cajuns. But I see no other schools outside of the RPI Top 16 that would displace the Cajuns at the moment. Not Texas State, Virginia Tech, Auburn, Cal, Arizona, Clemson, nor Baylor. Mississippi State or Washington might be the only cause for concern ... but they sit afar from the Top 16 at #24 and #25 (for now).

Brian

13. UL Softball Re: SB Final: Louisiana 5, McNeese 4

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSID View Post

Softball (and Baseball) has evolved to the point (for a while now) where they assign the national seeds on merit ... period. And while it has not always been this way, for a while national seeds have been hosting unless they did not have adequate facilities ... or failed to meet other NCAA hosting criteria.

Re: LSU and Louisiana never hosting in the same year ... I cannot recall a year where both schools were legitimate national seeds and they did not both host. Last year, the Cajuns did not have a national seed resume and I said that for weeks leading up to the selections.

Brian

14. Default Re: SB Final: Louisiana 5, McNeese 4

#alwayshostifyoucan

I remember you saying that at the time. Still, our adjusted RPI ranking was 11 [.66274] as of selections. Hard to believe that anyone with that ranking would not have done enough to host.

As to this year, OSU still has series with Kansas and OU; better than our remaining schedule, clearly, but also much greater chance to lose a few games. Also Alabama has series with Tennessee and Auburn. The same metric seems to apply there as to OSU. If those two win out, they should pass FSU in RPI, but say OSU loses 1 to Kansas and 2 to OU and Alabama loses 2 to Tennessee and 1 to Auburn. Given us winning out, should we not be ahead of those 2 at the end of the regular season?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information