Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cory Diaz

1. Default Cory Diaz

Cory Diaz is officially droppping his coverage of Louisiana Athletics.

He was splitting duties 90/10 LSU/UL.

I wonder who the Advertiser will use to pick up the 10% coverage he is leaving behind?

Default Re: Cory Diaz

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Cory Diaz is officially droppping his coverage of Louisiana Athletics.

He was splitting duties 90/10 LSU/UL.

I wonder who the Advertiser will use to pick up the 10% coverage he is leaving behind?
    Remember the cardboard cutouts they’d put in the stands during Covid? One of those could cover UL just as often as the advertiser.

We ain’t really losing any coverage

My favorite article of his 10% UL coverage was the one about our athletic budget deficit (probably what got Cory the full LSU beat gig).

Crazy we were spoiled with Josh Parrot followed by Luke Johnson and then quality newspaper coverage fell off of a cliff.

Thank God for Foote.

What if we had people willing to cover Louisiana athletics for free through a medium people actually interact with in 2024? Boy wouldn't that just be the worst. I would hate that.

CajunsSID posted in the thread about RR that he would be surprised if there wasn't much media coverage of UL in Lafayette, as there was a good deal when he was here. Not saying "told ya so," but I hope he comes across this thread. And then maybe takes a look at the extent of Diaz's coverage of UL before this career move. Would give some perspective on what we're dealing with here and the need for every outlet we can get.

Ok that’s it. I’m busting out the journalism chops from 2005-2006. Put me in coach. Hahahahaha

We need a fan podcast or something. Oh wait. ??

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    We need a fan podcast or something. Oh wait. ??
    Which makes it worse that we have next to no coverage of UL sports in local media, but we have local guys with better coverage, begging for the university to grant them permission to interview coaches/staff, and the university just $#!+$ on it. When your own university goes out of its way to shut down coverage of its own program, you see why we are where we are.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    My favorite article of his 10% UL coverage was the one about our athletic budget deficit (probably what got Cory the full LSU beat gig).

Crazy we were spoiled with Josh Parrot followed by Luke Johnson and then quality newspaper coverage fell off of a cliff.

Thank God for Foote.
    Foote will be aging out one day.

I would not be surprised if Diaz and UL parted ways after the budget article. Can’t have anything negative out there.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Which makes it worse that we have next to no coverage of UL sports in local media, but we have local guys with better coverage, begging for the university to grant them permission to interview coaches/staff, and the university just $#!+$ on it. When your own university goes out of its way to shut down coverage of its own program, you see why we are where we are.
    You don't think they pushed for that ?

Well, we know UL would never do this, tailgate before a MBB game.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Well, we know UL could never do this, tailgate before a MBB game.
    That’s got liability written all over it!

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Well, we know UL would never do this, tailgate before a MBB game.
    Of course not. Giving away free food would cut into the cajundomes profit on over priced concessions even if it helped increase attendance and butts in seats

Joking of course. The largest crowd of the season by far was when they decided to honor local teachers are halftime .

The year before was the Cajun Chicken promo. Promos can work or at least show that someone is trying to engage with the public

Topical

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information