Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Baseball rpi 3/11/24

Default Re: Baseball rpi 3/11/24

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Sunbelt with a very nice night last night ....Coastal looks scary good

Coastal over Wake Forest
    Southern Miss over Bama
    South Al over Mississippi State
    Nice wins for all and an overall boost for the conference which obviously helps us as well. Watched the Southern Miss game last night and they tried their best to give it away. Up 9-2 going into the 9th and gave up five runs to Bama for the final 9-7 score.

In case anyone wants to lower themselves and check out Warren Nolan baseball RPI… Cajuns moved up 29 spots to 97.

I’m glad we are now at the point in the season where it’s about winning the weekend series.

These midweek games where both teams throw 7-8 pitchers and hope for the best, while they matter, aren’t what college baseball is all about. Hopefully the Cajuns continue to win most of these games (and they should because the staff is pretty deep), but I really like the focus of winning the weekends. And that’s where we are now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Warren Nolan is an easy site to navigate for schedules and scores. Rpi is pretty close to ncaa. Warren Nolan has live stats and and scores. NCAA doesn’t have that.

For example: Arkansas state lost to Little Rock today. And odu took a bad loss to Princeton (3-8)
    I can understand if you find a site easy to navigate then that would be a reason to like it. I don't understand why you would want "pretty close" when you can have the exact thing. I suspect it's been a while since you have checked the NCAA site. The NCAA has started partnering with the D1 sites (Baseball and Softball) to give schedules and scores. They do use Live Stats.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    Not sure what you mean. Warren Nolan is an easy site to access for ongoing RPI and stats. It is always pretty damn close to the NCAA RPI. Why wouldn't I check it?
    I'm not trying to disparage anyone from using Warren Nolan or any of the other off shoot sites. I have told people in the past that the NCAA selection committees do not use polls or any other formulas in their selection deliberations and I gave an example of how the NCAA site was accurate and Warren Nolan was not. If you want to frequent Ken Pom, Warren Nolan and all kinds of other sites, fine, just know that the real thing is made available to you.

Does the NCAA put out updated RPIs daily or weekly?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    Does the NCAA put out updated RPIs daily or weekly?
    At the moment, baseball and softball are being posted Monday through Friday. Basketball is updated daily.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information