Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: MBB SBC Tournament: UL 62, Arkansas State 89

Default Re: MBB SBC Tournament: UL 62, Arkansas State 89

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Should be a tournament with only the top 4 teams. Have it at the #1 teams home arena.
    Yes

From App Board...UL is not alone.

When will "It's better than what we had" no longer be good enough for App State?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSID View Post
    While you make good points, there’s issues either way. If you make it regular season winner (or 1v2 championship), you’ve effectively ended the majority of your teams’ seasons by the beginning of February.
    I don't know if this is necessarily bad. Nobody likes March Madness more than me but I've literally seen single digit win teams get lucky in their tournament and go to the NCAA while a Cajun 2017-18 team can be by far the best team in the league and get slipped up in one conference tournament game. I've always felt that the regular season champ should get the bid. That's a much tougher feat and should be awarded as such.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    From App Board...UL is not alone.

When will "It's better than what we had" no longer be good enough for App State?
    Of course , their coach doesn't have a 75% win percentage

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I don't know if this is necessarily bad. Nobody likes March Madness more than me but I've literally seen single digit win teams get lucky in their tournament and go to the NCAA while a Cajun 2017-18 team can be by far the best team in the league and get slipped up in one conference tournament game. I've always felt that the regular season champ should get the bid. That's a much tougher feat and should be awarded as such.
    Definitely pluses and minuses to both. I do think fans and schools should put more emphasis on reg season championships than they do.

Because you are right, much tougher feat to achieve. Unfortunately, to most, coaches are measured on March record only.

Definitely pluses and minuses to both. I do think fans and schools should put more emphasis on reg season championships than they do.

Because you are right, much tougher feat to achieve. Unfortunately, to most, coaches are measured on March record only.
    Also protects your conference seed. JMU/ App is likely a 12 seed if Texas state would have pulled it off last night. They are probably looking at 15.

I’m honestly glad at least the SBC will have a rep with a pulse. Unfortunately, JMU thinks they’re so special…kinda special like a cross between L A Tech fans and Corky from “My So Called Life”.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Also protects your conference seed. JMU/ App is likely a 12 seed if Texas state would have pulled it off last night. They are probably looking at 15.
    .Very much like Marshall softball fans were last year.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    .Very much like Marshall softball fans were last year.
    Another insufferable bunch. Their WBB team was head and shoulders better than everyone else in the league. Yet they needed OT to seal the deal. Can you imagine the meltdown if they failed last night?

Goodness knows they tried, Marshall had 39 turnovers last night. 39.

Another insufferable bunch. Their WBB team was head and shoulders better than everyone else in the league. Yet they needed OT to seal the deal. Can you imagine the meltdown if they failed last night?

Goodness knows they tried, Marshall had 39 turnovers last night. 39.
    39 turnovers must be a record for the winning team in any basketball game ever.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    39 turnovers must be a record for the winning team in any basketball game ever.
    That had to be unwatchable. JMU had a +27 turnover advantage. Then again, JMU shot FGs at a torrid 30-99 clip, including 8-46 from 3.

63 total fouls had to just energize the 785 in attendance.

I’m honestly glad at least the SBC will have a rep with a pulse. Unfortunately, JMU thinks they’re so special…kinda special like a cross between L A Tech fans and Corky from “My So Called Life”.
    All Sun Belt schools have to be huge JMU fans next week. An NCAA tourney win (and any thereafter) adds a lot of $$ to the Sun Belt revenue distribution.

All Sun Belt schools have to be huge JMU fans next week. An NCAA tourney win (and any thereafter) adds a lot of $$ to the Sun Belt revenue distribution.
    Oh yeah. Nothing like depending on others for revenue distribution. Always a win win ya know.

I'll pull for JMU. Does not change the fact their fan base is a giant Summer's Eve bottle.

I'll pull for JMU. Does not change the fact their fan base is a giant Summer's Eve bottle.
    I work with a few of their alumni out our Virginia branch. Let's just say they ate humble pie after last years softball series.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information