Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: BB G2. Final: Louisiana 5, Tulane 4

Default Re: Tulane | Louisiana | G2 | Payback

Zambo needs to DH. Pastore at 3rd. Obviously keep Mandino, Torres, and Lafleur as well as middle infield in there. We need more consistent production and some bodies to step up in the OF. Higgs is on the verge. Need one more.

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    Zambo needs to DH. Pastore at 3rd. Obviously keep Mandino, Torres, and Lafleur as well as middle infield in there. We need more consistent production and some bodies to step up in the OF. Higgs is on the verge. Need one more.
    I was really impressed with Lafleur in the field yesterday. Made a couple picks, and he made a nice play stopping that ball Cuff threw away. He had to come off the bag but that prevented runs. DeBarge could learn a thing or two from him about taking what you are given.

I disagree with pastore. I like amedee at third better as his bat has been better. Before the 3 run jack at Minute Maid, pastore has been underwhelming

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun97 View Post
    I disagree with pastore. I like amedee at third better as his bat has been better. Before the 3 run jack at Minute Maid, pastore has been underwhelming
    Fair. Good point.

Neither Zambo nor Mandino are in the lineup today. Maybe Mandino is being held out as a possible relief pitcher today, but the kid has finally gotten back into the lineup the last 2 games and has been on base 6 times.

Zambo is 5/9 with 2 doubles and 3 RBIs this season. And has started just 2 games.

Yuhasz and Pastore both sat last night against a LH pitcher but are in the lineup today against a RH pitcher.

Edit: Lineup has been changed. Mandino is now in it

https://x.com/RaginCajunsBSB/status/...494671818?s=20

I don't understand line-up decision sometimes. Zambo has taken advantage of nearly every opportunity. I don't get it.

At some point we need to figure out a more consistent lineup. I know we have depth with guys that can play and there are some matchups to consider. But it’s hard to break out of a slump when you are in and out of the lineup and at different spots in the lineup.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Tulane | Louisiana | G2 | Payback

TAKE BOTH GAMES CAJUNS!!!

#cULture
    #WeAreLouisiana
    #GeauxCajuns
    #BeatTulane

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    Neither Zambo nor Mandino are in the lineup today. Maybe Mandino is being held out as a possible relief pitcher today, but the kid has finally gotten back into the lineup the last 2 games and has been on base 6 times.

Zambo is 5/9 with 2 doubles and 3 RBIs this season. And has started just 2 games.

Yuhasz and Pastore both sat last night against a LH pitcher but are in the lineup today against a RH pitcher.

Edit: Lineup has been changed. Mandino is now in it
    I’d say with our outfield struggles mandino has proved himself as an everyday guy. Maybe not at center but he needs to be in the lineup as much as possible

And we start the game with a 4 pitch walk

Damn. I think Mandino actually comes down with that if he isn’t knocked out cold. Glad he walked it off and hope he’s ok. Great effort.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDew View Post
    Damn. I think Mandino actually comes down with that if he isn’t knocked out cold. Glad he walked it off and hope he’s ok. Great effort.
    Yes - I watched the replay. He had it in his glove - turns into the inside the park HR. I pray he is alright and can get back in the line-up soon. He's been a bright spot. He did walk off on his own power, so that is a good sign. If anything, it's a head/neck injury - up against Higgs thigh when he laid out for the fly in the gap. Would have been a beautiful catch.

#2 and 3 hitters both look at strike 3

Pitchers are getting tattooed. Even the outs are loud.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information