Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: SB: Louisiana Closes Tournament Play with a Trip to Central Arkansas

Default Re: SB: Louisiana Closes Tournament Play with a Trip to Central Arkansas

All seems right with softball again. So that’s something. Not over yet but up 8-0 in the 5th.

Make that 10-0. So going to go 4-0. Not against good competition, but they needed a weekend like this. 40 plus runs in the 4 games.

Default Re: SB: Louisiana Closes Tournament Play with a Trip to Central Arkansas

We are about to run into a buzz saw at South Al. Need all hands on deck so Lauren and Vic need to get healthy soon.

I believe we will be fine going forward. Texas State will be a major challenge, but nobody else on our schedule should be a significant threat to win a series against us. South Al SHOULD be a threat, but we live rent free in Olivia Lackie's head. She has never beat us, and I don't think that will change.

4. Default Re: SB: Louisiana Closes Tournament Play with a Trip to Central Arkansas

Quote Originally Posted by du42 View Post
    We are about to run into a buzz saw at South Al. Need all hands on deck so Lauren and Vic need to get healthy soon.
    The story I am hearing on Allred is that they will probably red shirt her. Her injury is such that they don't think she will be fully healthy until the tournament. Hence, the red shirt talk.

Quote Originally Posted by SportyCajun459 View Post
    The story I am hearing on Allred is that they will probably red shirt her. Her injury is such that they don't think she will be fully healthy until the tournament. Hence, the red shirt talk.
    If that's the case, hopefully she hasn't already played in too many games to get the medical redshirt.

Quote Originally Posted by SportyCajun459 View Post
    Huge loss

7. Default Re: SB: Louisiana Closes Tournament Play with a Trip to Central Arkansas

Quote Originally Posted by du42 View Post
    Huge loss
    I like the young lady and I think that she has a lot of potential. But, truth be told, she really was a non-factor this season. Like many players who have a pretty good freshman year, she was suffering a sophomore slump. There is now film of her out there for teams to review and game plan on. Additionally, if you watched her swing this year, you see some bad swing mechanics. This could possibly be due to the oblique injury she is supposedly suffering from. But overall, she was having a rough start this year batting 0.125 with just 4 hits having 32 at-bats. No home runs and 5 RBI's with more strikeouts (12) than she had the entire year last year (8). She can still provide leadership from the bench but to say that it is a huge loss if she doesn't play anymore this year might be somewhat of a stretch. Again, not a knock on the young lady who I think is talented. I am simply making an observation from the data that is available.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information