Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7

Thread: BB G1 Final: Louisiana 8, Tulane 11

Default Re: BB: Louisiana vs Tulane

11 free bases plus the 2 errors. How many runs did Tulane score? My opinion, this is no longer a small sample size.

Embarrassing

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    Embarrassing
    It was a sloppy, high school looking game by both teams the first four or five innings. Then we started to really suck.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    I’m got an itchy trigger finger on the panic button. Continue to not throw strikes. Continue to kick the ball around. They gave us this game with a bow, and we gave it right back.

Sf21 come talk me off this cliff.
    That was a tough one to defend. Two guys that have been really good in the pen completely melted down.

And your best player, and preseason conference player of the year, had an absolute disaster game defensively.

That was as ugly a loss as I’ve seen in quite a while.

You’re not beating anybody walking 6, hitting 5, and kicking/throwing the baseball around like we saw tonight.

These next 2 games will say a lot about what this team will be.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Someone please tell me I misheard this. I tune in after the game and Topham was saying it was a quick conversation as Deggs was ____ed. I’m like, “as he should be.” Then I thought I heard Topham say Deggs mentioned “the first 2 runs and wet ball and look how big those runs ended up being.” PLEASE tell me I just misheard that. Look. I get it. We absolutely got the short end of the stick with the start of that game, but Deggs could not have just seen what I did and THAT was his takeaway. We recovered from that lead, had the game handed to us with a bow on it and gave it back like it was a hot potato.
    That is what top said. We will never know what deggs said cause of course they’d have “technical issues” after a game like this

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    These next 2 games will say a lot about what this team will be.
    How many times we going to say this?

We're a sloppy and inconsistent team with no clear strength, who has pretty much already tanked every good OOC RPI opportunity that we had

You might as well start the conference tourney thread now

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    How many times we going to say this?

We're a sloppy and inconsistent team with no clear strength, who has pretty much already tanked every good OOC RPI opportunity that we had

You might as well start the conference tourney thread now
    I don’t agree that this team now has to win the conf tourney to get in a regional. Whoever wins the Sun Belt reg season is making a regional.

With that said, this team has been plugging holes in the dam going on 4 weeks now. For whatever reason, they’re not putting it together. That’s the biggest concern IMO.

Default Re: BB G1 Final: Louisiana 8, Tulane 11

I may be wrong, but my impression so far is we have a collection of baseball players but not a team. Just the feeling I get.

ragincajun97 pointed out Debo actually had 3 E. I saw the same.

We're roughly about 1/4 through the season. We have overcome issues the past 2 seasons. I feel we will turn it around, but it's time consistency shows up

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun97 View Post
    That is what top said. We will never know what deggs said cause of course they’d have “technical issues” after a game like this
    Ah. I was hoping that didn’t come from Deggs. No one to blame but ourselves after that debacle.

12. Default Re: BB G1 Final: Louisiana 8, Tulane 11

Sometimes coches glance at, stat sheets to sound like they, have total recall.

I suspect Deggs was going over the whole game not saying the first two Tulane runs were the key difference.

Everyone who follows sports knows games are a series of resets. Once Louisiana overcame the those first scores its a reset, those runs have nothing to do with the repercussions of being on the short end of the final score, or at least not "key"

If Louisiana had lost 0-2 thats different.

jmo

Also this is one hell of a history b/t these two. It has the Saints/Falcons feel. Should TXST have pulled this off I'd feel differently. If stAte does this next wknd in Jonesboro I'd feel differently.

GAME 2 | 2pm | Tigue

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7

Thread Information