Thread: Salgado is Louisiana’s Defensive Coordinator

1. UL Football Salgado is Louisiana’s Defensive Coordinator

Jim Salgado, who has 30 years of experience in the collegiate and NFL ranks, was named Louisiana's defensive coordinator by head coach Michael Desormeaux.

Default Re: Salgado is Louisiana’s Defensive Coordinator

How the heck did we attract this guy to come here? Tons of experience at both college and NFL. What's the connection? And why wasn't this a story on the news....and I'm not talking KATC, the brown nose LaSUe, wantta be a BR station, news. Usually KLFY and KADN talk UL. They may have and I missed it. If so, sorry to those stations.

This guy seems legit. And as much as I love my Ragin Cajuns, why here? Three to five years ago, I would have said this makes sense. Does Coach Des have more connections than we know?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    How the heck did we attract this guy to come here? Tons of experience at both college and NFL. What's the connection? And why wasn't this a story on the news....and I'm not talking KATC, the brown nose LaSUe, wantta be a BR station, news. Usually KLFY and KADN talk UL. They may have and I missed it. If so, sorry to those stations.

This guy seems legit. And as much as I love my Ragin Cajuns, why here? Three to five years ago, I would have said this makes sense. Does Coach Des have more connections than we know?
    I will reserve judgment until I see what he produces… He could be good or he could suck… we shall see… it is hard to get excited about any coaching hire at this university anymore.

4. Default Re: Salgado is Louisiana’s Defensive Coordinator

Great hire by coach Desormeaux, gaining the ear of the athlete is the hardest first step. Salgado's credentials command respect.

I've said at least once before that coaching connections are overblown.

Coaching is a close knit fraternity with little border seepage. When there is an opening people will apply from everywhere, higher, lower, sideways.

That is in Desormeaux's favor.

It also underscores the failure of not doing a national search when Desormeaux was first hired.

That is not in the administrations favor.

Good “get to know” the coach piece with JW on his podcast.
    Nothing hard hitting, but good listening. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post

You can glean more than one opinion of whether he's a good hire from just his resume. Depends on one's perspective. You can look at it and be impressed of how many stops and duration in his career. Or you can say, that's a lot of stops for a long time and I've never heard of him. I'm excited that they made a change. I'll reserve judgement til I see what he produces.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    You can glean more than one opinion of whether he's a good hire from just his resume. Depends on one's perspective. You can look at it and be impressed of how many stops and duration in his career. Or you can say, that's a lot of stops for a long time and I've never heard of him. I'm excited that they made a change. I'll reserve judgement til I see what he produces.
    I agree with your assessment and I think every hire should be given the opportunity to "prove" themselves with their results.

I've never heard of 99% of the coaches so I'm not sure that really means anything.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    I agree with your assessment and I think every hire should be given the opportunity to "prove" themselves with their results.

I've never heard of 99% of the coaches so I'm not sure that really means anything.
    True

I'm excited that they made a change.
    Did we actively make a change? I thought Coach Morgan was plucked by U of Michigan, but honestly have no real idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Did we actively make a change? I thought Coach Morgan was plucked by U of Michigan, but honestly have no real idea.
    Depends on the source. Did he leave on his own, or told to go look because we're moving in a different direction?

Depends on the source. Did he leave on his own, or told to go look because we're moving in a different direction?
    Well...guess we'll never really know. Though I'm sure this board won't have a shortage of those who say they know what REALLY happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Well...guess we'll never really know. Though I'm sure this board won't have a shortage of those who say they know what REALLY happened.
    LoL! The truth is out there.

Thread Information