Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: BB Final: Louisiana 3, Northwestern 0

Default Re: Cajuns vs Demons

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Good pitching. Really hope these bats get going against the green weenies this weekend
    Nola v Acadiana

Hats off to scheduling. For real.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDew View Post
    Another good pitching performance. Please please please let the hitting come around soon.
    That was actually a GREAT pitching performance. Gave up 5 hits (One that should have been ruled an error), pitched around 2 other errors, walked just 3 and struck 15.

Mandino gets his first start since opening weekend and gets a single, a double and a walk. Amedee with 3 hits, including a HR, after a terrible first AB. That’s nice to see.

Overall though, the offense REALLY needs to start being able to string some stuff together. Way too much weak contact and a lot of it early in counts that produce quick, non-threatening innings for the opposing pitchers.

Hopefully some guys will start to establish themselves and we can settle on a lineup and let guys just go play. There’s a LONG way to go, and some guys that have shown they are capable. It just needs to get done.

Wins are wins. You cant run off 10 straight without winning one so it was good to get this one.

I like Debo in the clean up spot. Hope it becomes the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    I miss the pain train.
    Miss it also, but I missed quality pitching even more and I will take pitching over pain train seven days a week, 52 weeks a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Miss it also, but I missed quality pitching even more and I will take pitching over pain train seven days a week, 52 weeks a year.
    Almost everyone in the country has a Friday guy. It's the teams with 3 and a bullpen that win regionals. Hitting will come around.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    Almost everyone in the country has a Friday guy. It's the teams with 3 and a bullpen that win regionals. Hitting will come around.
    Very true

Everyone except Mcgehee was able to pitch without walking and strikeout a lot of batters last night. That was encouraging to see.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun97 View Post
    Everyone except Mcgehee was able to pitch without walking and strikeout a lot of batters last night. That was encouraging to see.
    McGehee also struck out 3 in that same inning he walked two. And then struck out one more to boot.

I'd like to see more of Mandino and Zambo, one way or another. Amedee also made a big case for more PT last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    McGehee also struck out 3 in that same inning he walked two. And then struck out one more to boot.
    He struck out 4 and walked two with a HBP. Walks are what’s been biting us in the ass. Basically 3 walks in 1.1 innings. Not saying he was terrible just saying everyone else that pitched last night was great at limiting walks while still striking guys out besides him

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    I'd like to see more of Mandino and Zambo, one way or another. Amedee also made a big case for more PT last night.
    Our outfield has been struggling offensively. I’d like to see Mandino as almost an everyday player because of his speed and ability to bunt

Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 3, Northwestern 0

I'm predicting a Debo first inning bomb to put Friday Night Baseball into motion at the T.

I've no clue who Nola's FNA is.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Yep. As long as pitching is on, we will be in a position to win every game.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    Bingo!

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDew View Post
    Yep. As long as pitching is on, we will be in a position to win every game.
    Exactly, it may get our heart rates up with every game being close, but I'll take it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information