Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Themus Fulks

Default Re: Themus Fulks

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Who is Landry? Did you mean London Fields ?
    Christian

The tall white dude

I'm reluctant to comment on anything related to UL Basketball, since I gave up 30+ years of season tickets two years ago and really don't keep up with the team like I used too. But from the outside looking in, it appears to me that this era of UL basketball is equivalent to the Baldwin years in football. It doesn't get any worse than that!

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    I'm reluctant to comment on anything related to UL Basketball, since I gave up 30+ years of season tickets two years ago and really don't keep up with the team like I used too. But from the outside looking in, it appears to me that this era of UL basketball is equivalent to the Baldwin years in football. It doesn't get any worse than that!
    OUCH!

There is no period in UL sports that comes close to that time.

He may not be coach K, but we were in the NCAA tournament less than a year ago. To compare to Baldwin is disingenuous, at best.

6. Default Re: Themus Fulks

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    He may not be coach K, but we were in the NCAA tournament less than a year ago. To compare to Baldwin is disingenuous, at best.
    That would be correct.

…it appears to me that this era of UL basketball is equivalent to the Baldwin years in football. It doesn't get any worse than that!
    Robert Lee would like a word with you.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    For whatever reason, the attendance and fan engagement has been similar.

I don’t have all the answers of why but there’s probably a lot more to it than the coach. As someone with multiple season tickets, the attendance has been extremely disappointing.

9. Default Re: Themus Fulks

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    OUCH!

There is no period in UL sports that comes close to that time.
    Interest wise, a noticable 3-year nosedive vs an insidious 13-year slide.

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post

I don’t have all the answers of why but there’s probably a lot more to it than the coach. As someone with multiple season tickets, the attendance has been extremely disappointing.
    The entire mentality surrounding the program has been disappointing

Mike, you are supposed to know the roster......lol

no disagreement there

I don’t have all the answers of why but there’s probably a lot more to it than the coach
    Sunbelt basketball is meaningless

Will there be a single at-large bid out of the Sunbelt? If not, then the entire season is basically pointless, and boils down to who can get hot or catch a couple breaks in the conference tournament. That's not worth $13 a beer and $7 popcorn

If by some random chance we steal the tournament and win the auto-bid, everyone expects us to be a #13 seed who tries reeeeaaaalll hard but ultimately hangs another banner in the "almost big win" trophy case

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    Sunbelt basketball is meaningless

Will there be a single at-large bid out of the Sunbelt? If not, then the entire season is basically pointless, and boils down to who can get hot or catch a couple breaks in the conference tournament. That's not worth $13 a beer and $7 popcorn

If by some random chance we steal the tournament and win the auto-bid, everyone expects us to be a #13 seed who tries reeeeaaaalll hard but ultimately hangs another banner in the "almost big win" trophy case
    Finally figured that out? Don’t forget the league’s rep is a proverbial blind squirrel finding a nut, the last case being when Scooter, Jr was playing for dad at Georgia State (2015). And yet we watch JMU fans crying they deserve an at large if they fall short, but with a NET solidly in the 50’s. Ain’t happening, same NET situation in Lake Chuck.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Finally figured that out?
    The only people who don't want or refuse to see it are the ones who attack anyone who criticizes the program, coaches, admin, etc.

UL sports will continue to wither on the vine until you get rid of the people who still believe that Acadiana should support the Cajuns merely because they exist here in Lafayette..

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information