Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SBC Baseball

UL Baseball SBC Baseball

Name:  Screenshot_20240305_071818_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
Views: 452
Size:  97.1 KB

2. Default Re: SBC

It is early and the conference schedule hasn't started yet. But the Cajuns definitely have some work to do to get where we expect them to be.

Default Re: SBC

Looking at some, not all, of the schedules, we've had a pretty tough one in comparison. South Al has not played anyone.
    Southern Miss has had a decent series with Indiana State (regional hosts last year) and Missouri State (historically strong program that has only played the Sun Belt so far this year in weekend series.)
    I've watched Coastal a good bit. Nice schedule. Some good wins.
    App has played the regular East Coast teams that don't move the needle.
    stAte has a win over Ole Miss and a 1 over Missouri State, although they lost the series. Lindenwood and Omaha are the other weekend series.

Didn't go down that much further. I know ODU and Georgia Southern have some ranked wins. Texas State had themselves a weekend in Houston.

Give it a few weeks and things will start to even out when we start to beat up on each other.

I think it's coming together as well.

Current standings give us a "snapshot" prior to beginning conference play.

Losses to the NC/Vandy and a Big XII revealed we can def compete.

Default Re: SBC Baseball

We have all the pieces. Can we put them together, and how long does it take, is the question. I'd hoped we would have by now, but I think we're gonna be ok.

This team is starting to remind me of the 2021 team. Pitching was excellent, but they struggled to put together any offensive consistency. Got off to a slow start (9-8) and then started to figure things out a little bit.

They may have been able to pitch their way into a regional but weather forced the SBC tourney into single elimination, which made their pitching depth (and strength) meaningless.

What I still can't believe is the prediction that ULM and Marshall combined will go 0 and 60 in Conference play.

To me, that's impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp View Post
    What I still can't believe is the prediction that ULM and Marshall combined will go 0 and 60 in Conference play.

That is impossible. A comment like that don't understand that the game itself beats you at times. 10 line drives into gloves in one game is not uncommon in this sport

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    That is impossible. A comment like that don't understand that the game itself beats you at times. 10 line drives into gloves in one game is not uncommon in this sport
    And to not only say it about one program, but two?

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    This team is starting to remind me of the 2021 team. Pitching was excellent, but they struggled to put together any offensive consistency. Got off to a slow start (9-8) and then started to figure things out a little bit.

They may have been able to pitch their way into a regional but weather forced the SBC tourney into single elimination, which made their pitching depth (and strength) meaningless.
    Good take.

Who made that prediction? That is insane. Many years ago I did a statistical analysis of NCAA Div I baseball game winning percentages because of something that was said on this board. Bottom line was that if you won 80% of your games you were one of the best teams in the country. LSU lost 17 games last year. No one in the country did better than Wake Forest last year and they lost 12 games.

It is hard to win them all and it's also hard to lose them all......

That “prediction” was based solely on “predicted wins”. Didn’t take reality into anything. Basically that both would be the predicted losing team in each of their single game matchups against conference foes.

And since they don’t play each other….that was the result.

If you look at that site during the season, they have a “predicted record” tab. And it basically is just a win for whichever team has the highest current ranking on their site.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post

I would have liked this post better if you would have said the 2013 team. I'm okay with "waiting this one out" (with 40+ wins) to have another 2014 season.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Looking at some, not all, of the schedules, we've had a pretty tough one in comparison. South Al has not played anyone.
    Southern Miss has had a decent series with Indiana State (regional hosts last year) and Missouri State (historically strong program that has only played the Sun Belt so far this year in weekend series.)
    I've watched Coastal a good bit. Nice schedule. Some good wins.
    App has played the regular East Coast teams that don't move the needle.
    stAte has a win over Ole Miss and a 1 over Missouri State, although they lost the series. Lindenwood and Omaha are the other weekend series.

Didn't go down that much further. I know ODU and Georgia Southern have some ranked wins. Texas State had themselves a weekend in Houston.

Give it a few weeks and things will start to even out when we start to beat up on each other.
    SW Missori State program? If so, I definitely know who you're referring to. They made a major run I remember.

Kind of like Millsaps, you hear about 'em a lot but can't remember where.

15. Default Re: SBC Baseball

What I have seen so far is the lack of timely hitting. I think that will come. I also think once we get pitching and hitting to click at the same time we could be dangerous!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information