Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Presser: Gerry Glasco 24-03-04

1. UL Softball Presser: Gerry Glasco 24-03-04

Default Re: Presser: Gerry Glasco 24-03-04

The best thing to come out of this press conference is, although beating Oklahoma, Glasco is not happy with the state of his team.

After beating the number one team in the country, lots of coaches would have forgotten about the teams shortcomings. Glasco has not. He is going to continue to work hard to correct the issues and make this team the best they can be. Good for him.

3. Default Re: Presser: Gerry Glasco 24-03-04

Glasco appreciates the fans.

Even those critical in the moment.

Admittedly though, we don't study the game like he does.

We are fortunate to have this guy.

Two points.

First, I think most of us (including Coach) expected a 3-2 weekend, full well knowing what we (or anybody) were up against in playing two games against Goliath.

So which means more: winning 3 games against teams we should handily beat, or only taking one of those three capped off with the impossible win over Oklahoma?

Second, which is more emblematic of this program? Losing the games we've lost or beating this Oklahoma team?

I think the latter is the reality. This wasn't a Virginia/Chaminade or Michigan/App. State scenario. It was a top 25-caliber team struggling to find itself

I don't know what the rest of the season is gonna be like, but hopefully the Cajuns can see just what kind of competitors they really are.

6. Default Re: Presser: Gerry Glasco 24-03-04

In harmony with what he said in the press conference, the committee won't unremember this win and the streak it broke.

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    The best thing to come out of this press conference is, although beating Oklahoma, Glasco is not happy with the state of his team.

After beating the number one team in the country, lots of coaches would have forgotten about the teams shortcomings. Glasco has not. He is going to continue to work hard to correct the issues and make this team the best they can be. Good for him.
    Well the OU win doesn’t discard the issues that have crushed this team.

But what the OU game did do was show they aren’t quitting and aren’t intimidated. Team clearly has some character. Great to see.

Gotta get bats rolling, Landry throwing confidently again (or get healthy?) and limit the errors.

And get Campbell in the lineup!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    In harmony with what he said in the press conference, the committee won't unremember this win and the streak it broke.
    I was going to mention that too. It is a needle mover, for sure. OU will keep winning. They are OU. They may drop another game or two, but we were the ones to end the streak. Brings good attention to the program during what has been a scary start.

And it’s obvious that we have a 2 pitcher staff going forward.

And get Campbell in the line up!!!!!

Campbell is a serious defensive liability; but we do need her bat in the lineup. She should be an effective DP.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    I was going to mention that too. It is a needle mover, for sure. OU will keep winning. They are OU. They may drop another game or two, but we were the ones to end the streak. Brings good attention to the program during what has been a scary start.
    Story of the victory was in the ESPN website main stories Sunday evening and Monday morning. Article used "Louisiana" in the headlines. Remember that next time fans of state schools say no one refers to us as Louisiana nationally. For that reason alone, the victory had great significance.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Story of the victory was in the ESPN website main stories Sunday evening and Monday morning. Article used "Louisiana" in the headlines. Remember that next time fans of state schools say no one refers to us as Louisiana nationally. For that reason alone, the victory had great significance.
    Louisiana was used everywhere. It has to driving them nuts, especially TSAB.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Honestly most at TSAB have moved on from it. There will always be a few. I really never thought I would see the day where the acceptance was at the level it is right now. I'll spare the details but you will be hard pressed to find anyone who worked harder than me through the years to obtain the "Louisiana" identity. I'm happy with where it is. There is no going back and it will become more entrenched as time goes by. For the few that still want to try and rock the boat I just ignore them. They aren't worth the effort.

We are LOUISIANA. Nothing is changing that now.

14. Default Re: Presser: Gerry Glasco 24-03-04

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Honestly most at TSAB have moved on from it. There will always be a few. I really never thought I would see the day where the acceptance was at the level it is right now. I'll spare the details but you will be hard pressed to find anyone who worked harder than me through the years to obtain the "Louisiana" identity. I'm happy with where it is. There is no going back and it will become more entrenched as time goes by. For the few that still want to try and rock the boat I just ignore them. They aren't worth the effort.

We are LOUISIANA. Nothing is changing that now.
    I recall your efforts

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    hahahahahahaha

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information