Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Nominate Bob Marlin's Biggest Win

Default Re: Nominate Bob Marlin's Biggest Win

People need to start seeing what this program can REALLY be. Everytime someone mentions the potentials, there is always someone countering with "we can't." And that is why our attendance average is now under 2,000 per game. Not many people support that type of attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    People need to start seeing what this program can REALLY be. Everytime someone mentions the potentials, there is always someone countering with "we can't." And that is why our attendance average is now under 2,000 per game. Not many people support that type of attitude.
    Meanwhile, the excitement over a Southland basketball program in Lake Charles is through the roof this season. I'm sure negative nancies will say things like "But it's the slimy Will Wade" and "It's just one season then he'll be gone".

Fine. Whatever. While I admittedly follow zero basketball, I can't recall in the past 14 years being the kind of excitement in a single season for UL basketball in Lafayette and surrounding parishes as we're currently seeing this season for McNeese in Calcasieu, Beauregard, Cameron and Jeff Davis Parishes.

It can happen here, but it won't be with this current head coach. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Meanwhile, the excitement over a Southland basketball program in Lake Charles is through the roof this season. I'm sure negative nancies will say things like "But it's the slimy Will Wade" and "It's just one season then he'll be gone".

Fine. Whatever. While I admittedly follow zero basketball, I can't recall in the past 14 years being the kind of excitement in a single season for UL basketball in Lafayette and surrounding parishes as we're currently seeing this season for McNeese in Calcasieu, Beauregard, Cameron and Jeff Davis Parishes.

Hiring a Will Wade over here is way beneath this university as he's such a criminal. How dare we lower ourselves and actually have success. That's the problem around here. Frightened to death to actually do well in something.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post

It won't happen here as long as the mindset stays the same: bland complacency. Too many people in the program are too comfortable because friendships get in the way of the program. Say what you want about Will Wade. But he knocks on doors, shakes hands, and gets the community involved with support. When was the last time we did that? Heck, the atmosphere in the Cajundome doesn't exist unless they decide to hold the Teacher of the Year Awards like they did for the Southern Miss game which is why attendance was higher that night.

We have to change the way we think when it comes to Cajuns basketball. This whole "we can't because it's hard" attitude is why fans are checking out by the droves and why there is only 500-600 people showing up to games regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    It won't happen here as long as the mindset stays the same: bland complacency. Too many people in the program are too comfortable because friendships get in the way of the program. Say what you want about Will Wade. But he knocks on doors, shakes hands, and gets the community involved with support. When was the last time we did that? Heck, the atmosphere in the Cajundome doesn't exist unless they decide to hold the Teacher of the Year Awards like they did for the Southern Miss game which is why attendance was higher that night.

We have to change the way we think when it comes to Cajuns basketball. This whole "we can't because it's hard" attitude is why fans are checking out by the droves and why there is only 500-600 people showing up to games regularly.
    Yep, we NEED a Dale Brown type coach handing out nets in the neighborhoods throughout ACADIANA!

6. Default Re: Nominate Bob Marlin's Biggest Win

Bob will retire at UL!

7. Default Re: Nominate Bob Marlin's Biggest Win

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    Can’t wait to watch a game next year with 299 fellow fans.
    The true fans will support the program!

Quote Originally Posted by 8675309 View Post
    The true fans will support the program!
    Yeah, all 500

Was at an NIL function at Drago's one afternoon sitting with the other 5 Cajun fans that bothered to show up when Bob roll up to talk to Mr. Aiken, but didn't find the time to walk over and talk to the only Cajun fans there. That right there tells you all you need to know about Mr. Marlin.

9. Default Re: Nominate Bob Marlin's Biggest Win

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Yeah, all 500

Was at an NIL function at Drago's one afternoon sitting with the other 5 Cajun fans that bothered to show up when Bob roll up to talk to Mr. Aiken, but didn't find the time to walk over and talk to the only Cajun fans there. That right there tells you all you need to know about Mr. Marlin.
    Open up your check book and join the rebounders club!

My nomination for Bob Marlin's "biggest win:" His latest contract extension.

So I guess your saying is the coach will only talk to you if you pay. Nice to know.

It’s been said that the Rebounders club has a pretty big hand in why we stand for this mediocrity. I’m just saying what I heard. I’m up here in Lil Ole Texas so some things get confused between Lafayette and Fort Worth?

Quote Originally Posted by ZZeebart21 View Post
    It’s been said that the Rebounders club has a pretty big hand in why we stand for this mediocrity. I’m just saying what I heard. I’m up here in Lil Ole Texas so some things get confused between Lafayette and Fort Worth?
    I suspect that is definitely the case… which is why I could never join as long as Marlin is here. Couldn’t fake it during a club luncheon.

Oh ____ off. If it hasn’t been made abundantly clear to everyone surrounding this program, NO ONE CARES while Marlin is here.

15. Default Re: Nominate Bob Marlin's Biggest Win

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Oh ____ off. If it hasn’t been made abundantly clear to everyone surrounding this program, NO ONE CARES while Marlin is here.
    Just win baby!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information