Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Nominate Bob Marlin's Biggest Win

Default Re: Nominate Bob Marlin's Biggest Win

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    "Some"
    That's the problem. We're OK with "some". LoL. How much longer can you defend this. It's like enabling an addict. He's been here 14 years. It's over. The fans have spoken loud and clear. Marlinites can live in their delusion til Marlin retires. People aren't coming back as long as he's still here. But alas, "some" will still be here defending it.
    Case in point, Louisiana down by 15 at the half, getting outplayed and outcoached.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Case in point, Louisiana down by 15 at the half, getting outplayed and outcoached.
    Instead of that, I’ll take out recruited. ASU is healthy this round.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    "Some"
    That's the problem. We're OK with "some". LoL. How much longer can you defend this. It's like enabling an addict. He's been here 14 years. It's over. The fans have spoken loud and clear. Marlinites can live in their delusion til Marlin retires. People aren't coming back as long as he's still here. But alas, "some" will still be here defending it.
    Correct. I’ve been saying this for years now. I’ve had season tickets since 1976. I had not renewed each of the last 4 years. My wife stepped in and renewed them herself.

My guess… next year, we’ll have around 215 at several of our games. But, hey, everything is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    Correct. I’ve been saying this for years now. I’ve had season tickets since 1976. I had not renewed each of the last 4 years. My wife stepped in and renewed them herself.

My guess… next year, we’ll have around 215 at several of our games. But, hey, everything is fine.
    Happy wife, happy life. Some things are bigger than sports.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Happy wife, happy life. Some things are bigger than sports.
    Haha… yep. We go now just to visit with our kids and grandkids. Most of the season ticket holders that sat around us for many years are all gone. Such is the state of our program.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Understand that. However some will go to games if they play at a championship level next season.
    No they won't..

Man you guys really don't get it.. What does a SBC championship get the Cajuns next year? Another 12 seed first round exit in the tournament?

We've seen that. It's not worth the price of admission.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    No they won't..

Man you guys really don't get it.. What does a SBC championship get the Cajuns next year? Another 12 seed first round exit in the tournament?

You mean another top 200 recruiting class won’t help?

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    No they won't..

Look, you complainers just don't get it. Basketball is dead in the South. You can't expect excitement around the sport in South Louisiana.

Lake Charles is Southeast Texas, right? Maybe that's why they have excitement?

March 1, 1997 South Alabama beats UL by 27; 39-66 in the SBC tournament. Worst loss ever by UL in the SBC tournament, tied that yesterday. Fletcher’s last game. Fletcher left for the HC job in Denver, never matching his success at UL. Just sayin’.

Since Billy Bob big talapia and his crew loves Pensacola so much maybe they could just stay there. Locker room in shambles. Infighting. Outfighting. This is just embarrassing all the way around. And there’s nothing the fans can do about it. We want a change but maggard is too chicken shat to pull the trigger. I’ve heard that he wanted to fire big talapia last year and hire a former player not named Brad Boyd. That right there told me everything I needed to know about the situation.

Understand that. However some will go to games if they play at a championship level next season.
    I will go to games in that event but the problem is if you are not exciting your fan base to buy season tickets you'll still be stuck at 2,000 people per game no matter how good yo are

12. Default Re: Nominate Bob Marlin's Biggest Win

Problem with that scenario is fans won't know if they are playing at a championship level till the season is half over.

By then, they don't mind hearing the good news but are less likely to participate.

It take two or more years of "play at a championship level" to generate new fan participation.

It will take more than two years to impact crowds. Remember… many fans are NEVER coming back.

Bob and the queen have done more harm to our program than good. The scale has tipped and tipped dramatically. Dr Maggard has to see this. His hands may be tied however with the new contract which never should have been signed.

I was a multi-ticket season ticket holder for several years, bringing my young son at the time to majority of the games. I was also one of the vocal supporters of Marlin during the Elfrid Payton / Shawn Long days.

However, I lost interest in supporting the direction of the program and dropped my tickets 2 seasons ago.

I am desperately wanting to renew and bring my now 3 children to games. Count me in the number that will not be doing so until we have a change.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information