Thread: Nominate Bob Marlin's Biggest Win

Default Re: Nominate Bob Marlin's Biggest Win

Quote Originally Posted by 8675309 View Post
    Just win baby!
    Is it a win if no one sees it.

Just win baby!
    That’s the only way to save his job. If he doesn’t make the NCAA tournament to kick in a contractual clause he’s toast. If he’s not they will never recover the program.

3. Default Re: Nominate Bob Marlin's Biggest Win

Quote Originally Posted by CajunMarineBBK View Post
    Is it a win if no one sees it.
    Yes once it is an official game!

Bob will retire at UL!
    Ok Ms. Basketball. Unfortunately you're probably correct. He's also probably set the program back another 10 years if not more. He's not engaging to the fan base along with not being a very good recruiter and not to mention has beat NO ONE over the past 14 years. Same old same old. Year in and year out. Such an impressive resume. To pay this guy what he's being paid is a travesty.

Quote Originally Posted by babysitter View Post
    Ok Ms. Basketball. Unfortunately you're probably correct. He's also probably set the program back another 10 years if not more. He's not engaging to the fan base along with not being a very good recruiter and not to mention has beat NO ONE over the past 14 years. Same old same old. Year in and year out. Such an impressive resume. To pay this guy what he's being paid is a travesty.
    I was about to write this.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    That’s the only way to save his job. If he doesn’t make the NCAA tournament to kick in a contractual clause he’s toast. If he’s not they will never recover the program.
    I don’t think Coach Marlin is being replaced after this season if they don’t win the tournament. The team has some shortcomings this year and did as well as most basketball people expected. It may happen after next season if the season is disappointing but that is the case in many places. As far as program never recovering goes, can it recover if they win a championship next season ? Now the administration could do a much better job in promoting the games. That is a different issue than the coach.

Mike… this program is not coming back anytime soon. A change in coach could/would help shorten the time taken to get it back.

My premise is that the program will be OK if a championship is earned next season. Now I realize people don’t believe that can happen. While I would not predict it, I do think it is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    My premise is that the program will be OK if a championship is earned next season. Now I realize people don’t believe that can happen. While I would not predict it, I do think it is possible.
    I think most fans are checked out or ready for a change. That’s just the harsh reality. We made the dance just last year and responded with the worst average attendance ever since the Cajundome opened.

Dont know, dont care. Not even thinking about stepping into the Cajundome until he is gone. Next topic ...

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingCajun08 View Post
    Dont know, dont care. Not even thinking about stepping into the Cajundome until he is gone. Next topic ...
    I’m seeing at more sporting events there’s a DJ set up, most recently watch the SEC women’s tournament. DJ had an official SEC turntable set up. That’s a deal killer, regardless who the coach is. If I need wall to wall noise, I’ll sleep without my earplugs.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    I’m seeing at more sporting events there’s a DJ set up, most recently watch the SEC women’s tournament. DJ had an official SEC turntable set up. That’s a deal killer, regardless who the coach is. If I need wall to wall noise, I’ll sleep without my earplugs.
    I dont disagree with you. I am a traditionalist when it comes to sporting event atmosphere. Example: nothing can top a live organist at a baseball game.

With that said, I understand why more and more events are going to piped in music. Its intended to create the atmosphere when there is no real atmosphere and players like it.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingCajun08 View Post
    Understand that. However some will go to games if they play at a championship level next season.

Rent free…

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Understand that. However some will go to games if they play at a championship level next season.
    "Some"
    That's the problem. We're OK with "some". LoL. How much longer can you defend this. It's like enabling an addict. He's been here 14 years. It's over. The fans have spoken loud and clear. Marlinites can live in their delusion til Marlin retires. People aren't coming back as long as he's still here. But alas, "some" will still be here defending it.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread Information