Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: 2024 Football Schedule Released

Default Re: 2024 Football Schedule Released

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Regardless of the whole admin/fan/attendance dynamic, we're entering uncharted territory in college football. I posted the article and quote in the Themus thread, but Saban calling it quits because of his players immediately asking how much playing time and how much money they will be paid immediately after losing in the CFB playoff is the harbinger of the downfall of CFB as we knew it.

If we as a fanbase don't have the money to attract and retain players in this new era, there's not much more juice to squeeze regardless of who you hire for the head position. G5 head coaches leaving for P2 coordinator positions is another clue.

I will remain a Cajun FB fan for life...but like I've seen others say in the past on this forum...perhaps the best ROI you can get is in hoops and diamond sports. A lot more parity in those sports where 1-2 difference makers can take you far.
    Because of all that, I’m thinking no more RCAF renewal even for me. Sorry, but I don’t want my money going to a game that is a losing proposition. Hell, it was better when the NCAA was just looking the other way when the Big Boys bought their players “illegally”.

I’ll just donate directly to baseball, softball and T&F.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Looks like a solid 4-5 win season.
    I don’t know, man. We should expect more. Our head basketball coach stated just a few short years ago that running the table in the Belt in football was easy, and not the same juggernaut that it is in men’s basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    I don’t know, man. We should expect more. Our head basketball coach stated just a few short years ago that running the table in the Belt in football was easy, and not the same juggernaut that it is in men’s basketball.
    WTF- Did he really say that?

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    WTF- Did he really say that?
    Yes, but IIRC, it was about the West

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Regardless of the whole admin/fan/attendance dynamic, we're entering uncharted territory in college football. I posted the article and quote in the Themus thread, but Saban calling it quits because of his players immediately asking how much playing time and how much money they will be paid immediately after losing in the CFB playoff is the harbinger of the downfall of CFB as we knew it.
    Don't worry, it will get to the stick sports soon enough.

Imagine the NFL without a salary cap or revenue sharing. Chaos right?

This Brave New World they are creating will eat itself if they don't put hard stops in place.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    LSU bought a championship last year.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Maybe in baseball NIL will start to offset the lack of full scholarships.

The best baseball players typically go pro out of high school for more money though unlike football. Maybe NIL will change that

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Some people will get mad at this statement because of the messenger. But the message could very likely be correct. We $#!+ the bed again this football season, and it's gonna be some dark days around here for fans. And there will be no one to blame but this administration for sitting arrogantly....smugly by, while the programs burned. Not only ignoring, but blaming US, the fans for the problems. Prepare yourselves boys.....winter is coming.
    Man, where is Jon Snow when you need him?

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Maybe in baseball NIL will start to offset the lack of full scholarships.

The best baseball players typically go pro out of high school for more money though unlike football. Maybe NIL will change that
    Only the very top go straight to pro ball now. More are going to college after MLB restructured the minors. MLB teams are trying to push the development side to college baseball so they don't have to pay. They are beginning to push more developmental money into foreign players while colleges pay to develop American players.

They also dropped the MLB draft to 20 rounds

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information