Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: MBB Final: Louisiana 73, Troy 87

Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 73, Troy 87

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Sure, I’m fine with another year.
    IMO He desperately needs to get another big or 2 for next year so we are not so 1 dimensional

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Sure, I’m fine with another year.
    When is his contract up?

It's pretty pathetic. I used to be DIEHARD Cajun basketball. I had been hooked since a kid the 80's at Blackham when my dad used to take me to watch Dion Brown, Graylin Warner, Alonza Allen, Dan Gay, etc... When Cajun basketball loses me, it's horrible. I dropped (6) season tix a couple years ago... tickets which I held since my 2004 return to Lafayette. Been to about 2 games each of the last 2 years. Hard to watch sometimes.

BTW - that video of the crowd earlier in this thread "minutes before tipoff" is a little misleading as the teams aren't even out yet.... but still - it' bad. Very bad. Marlin can't recover from this.

3. Ragin' Cajuns Men's Basketball: Cajuns Cold from the Arc, Fall to Troy

LOUISIANA - In a game that featured 77 combined free throws the Louisiana men's basketball team fell to Troy, 87-73, on Wednesday in the Cajundome. The teams combined to shoot .831 from the charity stripe, 64-for-75, while four Cajuns finished in double figures.

Kobe Julien led all players with 21 points, going 9-for-10 from the free throw line while pulling down six rebounds. Freshman Brandon Hardy had a career-high 15 points on 7-of-9 shooting. Hosana Kitenge finished the night with 13 points and six rebounds while Joe Charles added 10 points and eight rebounds to the effort.

"They got off to a quick start shooting the ball and we struggled to score," said head coach Bob Marlin. "We fought. We changed defenses multiple times and got back in the game a little bit. We come out the second half, get a couple of free throws, and cut it to two. Then they go on a run on us again and make enough shots."

Troy (20-10, 13-4 SBC) jumped out to an early 7-2 lead before the Cajuns (17-13, 9-8 SBC) made a run. Kitenge started the run with a layup before four points from Julien put Louisiana ahead 8-7. The Trojans answered with a three to retake the lead before six of their next eight from the free throw line.

The visitors built a 16-point lead at 34-18 before another long Cajun run. Hardy began the run with a layup and moments later Kitenge got them within single digits with a layup. A jumper by Charles made it a five-point game before a basket by Kentrell Garnett made it a two-point game. The Trojans made two free throws before the half to lead 43-39 going into the locker rooms.

A pair of Charles free throws out of the break once again made it a two-point game but the visitors responded with a 13-0 run. They led by as many as 22 in the second half before the Cajuns got back within nine late.

Louisiana was held to 1-for-12 from three-point range while Troy shot 9-for-22 from deep. The Trojans went 38-for-42, .905 percent, from the free throw line, connecting on their first 30 attempts.

The Cajuns close the regular season on Friday against Southern Miss at 7:30 p.m. The winner of that game will clinch the No. 5 seed in next week's Sun Belt Conference Championships in Pensacola, Florida while the loser will finish sixth.

Announced attendance - 1418.

This thread title is misleading.

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    When is his contract up?

It's pretty pathetic. I used to be DIEHARD Cajun basketball. I had been hooked since a kid the 80's at Blackham when my dad used to take me to watch Dion Brown, Graylin Warner, Alonza Allen, Dan Gay, etc... When Cajun basketball loses me, it's horrible. I dropped (6) season tix a couple years ago... tickets which I held since my 2004 return to Lafayette. Been to about 2 games each of the last 2 years. Hard to watch sometimes.

BTW - that video of the crowd earlier in this thread "minutes before tipoff" is a little misleading as the teams aren't even out yet.... but still - it' bad. Very bad. Marlin can't recover from this.
    Here’s the top part of the picture I posted, had to crop it to make it fit. It’s AFTER TIP OFF. I stated nothing misleading and stated 40-50 showed later. Had to crop this part to get it to download but clock in upper right. Can’t change the size settings on pictures, have to cut.

That’s a marketing issue flat out. UL has alienated the students. It’s not just a MBB issue.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

There are no students that go. Lafayette and Acadiana does not support this program which is very clear because of the coach. There are not even any commercials advertising to go to games. Complete failure. Fire the coach now. Ragin Review predicted this. No one listened.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Here’s the top part of the picture I posted, had to crop it to make it fit. It’s AFTER TIP OFF. I stated nothing misleading and stated 40-50 showed later. Had to crop this part to get it to download but clock in upper right. Can’t change the size settings on pictures, have to cut.

That’s a marketing issue flat out. UL has alienated the students. It’s not just a MBB issue.
    diehard was referring to post #6 in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    There are no students that go. Lafayette and Acadiana does not support this program which is very clear because of the coach. There are not even any commercials advertising to go to games. Complete failure. Fire the coach now. Ragin Review predicted this. No one listened.
    So with FB, the students don’t go because of their treatment. But magically that’s forgotten come MBB and it’s some other reason? Nope, that’s UL marketing.

I’m not defending the product, and actually both are bad.

Marlin isn’t going anywhere, new contract kicking in. But we’re probably done with season tickets come Friday. That crap with 4 minutes left with the dude on the mic. Especially down heavy double digits. Makes zero sense. Like both coaches calling time outs very late in the game. The game and game day experience today isn’t what I signed up for over the years.

The crowd started departing when the lead hit 20. It was over.

10. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 73, Troy 87

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    This thread title is misleading.
    Fixed it. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    diehard was referring to post #6 in this thread
    Correct. The video posted on X.

https://twitter.com/lMrRaginCajunl/s...oGhMn749kYMSNQ
    Last edited by cajundiehard; February 29th, 2024 at 10:11 am. Reason: added link

You people have MDS (Marlin Derangement Syndrome) just like those snowflakes with TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome). You need to stop attacking the winningest basketball coach in our history.

“When your hatred for one man is greater than your love for your university, you might be part of the problem.”

When is his contract up?

I agree regarding the picture posted before the teams even came out before warmups. Not sure who can/ would show up that early for a weeknight game.

The actual crowd during the game was bad enough. No need to embellish it

Quote Originally Posted by ultracajun View Post
    Coach Marlin has 489 wins. No way we don't let him get to 500.
    Quick, pull up all high school teams willing to schedule us next year!

Ah, when there’s an agenda involved, don’t get in the way.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information