Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: WBB Final: Louisiana 43, South Alabama 46

Default Re: WBB Final: Louisiana 43, South Alabama 46

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Ooof. SOAL is bad too. Not that we’re great, but on a 5 game win streak to lose to the 1-15 conference team at home.
    Two single digit quarters.

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-...bama-louisiana

Darn, that’s the equivalent of if MBB lost to ODU at home. With the same coach with 11 years and zero NCAA appearances. But no outrage, no calling for the coach to be replaced, nobody really cares. So that makes it ok.

I just enjoy the hypocrisy.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Does anybody REALLY give a ____ about wbb?
    had never watched a single game in my life 'til the lsu/iowa game last year. that probably means i indeed don't give a _____ about it.

p.s. you'd have to clockwork orange my eyes to make me watch a wnba game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonsissymia View Post
    had never watched a single game in my life 'til the lsu/iowa game last year. that probably means i indeed don't give a _____ about it.

p.s. you'd have to clockwork orange my eyes to make me watch a wnba game.
    LOL, so true. I had on the LSU/tenn game in the background Sunday before heading to the Tigue, and the female announcer was talking about the athleticism of the two teams moving in slow motion with the vertical leap of a 50 year old fat man. I nearly spit out my Heineken Silver.

LOL, so true. I had on the LSU/tenn game in the background Sunday before heading to the Tigue, and the female announcer was talking about the athleticism of the two teams moving in slow motion with the vertical leap of a 50 year old fat man. I nearly spit out my Heineken Silver.
    DaBoot is more athletic than 95% of WBB players. Clark would take his ass to school though.

Does anybody REALLY give a ____ about wbb?
    Haha. No. Unless you're a fan of a certain state school where it went from 0 to as interesting as the 95-96 Bulls last year.

I have interest because it's a Cajun team and it was on tv last night with no conflicts. I want to see them succeed, but I honestly struggle to make it through watching any WBB. Would not consider myself a fan of the sport. Only the name on the jersey.

Womens basketball, outside of watching a top 10 matchup, is awful. There is a reason its free to go watch.

Fully agree about watchability. I go a few times a year; between the game, the “be up” cheer, and a ratchet jaw mom in the stands, it’s very much like a h/s to biddy atmosphere. But I go because it’s UL.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Fully agree about watchability. I go a few times a year; between the game, the “be up” cheer, and a ratchet jaw mom in the stands, it’s very much like a h/s to biddy atmosphere. But I go because it’s UL.
    Don't be insulting high school basketball like that. It may have changed since my daughter played in hs, but at that time the atmosphere at good girl's HS programs in this area was very good. STM, Notre Dame, Vermilion Catholic, Teurlings, Iota and several others in the area were fun games to attend and watch.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Don't be insulting high school basketball like that. It may have changed since my daughter played in hs, but at that time the atmosphere at good girl's HS programs in this area was very good. STM, Notre Dame, Vermilion Catholic, Teurlings, Iota and several others in the area were fun games to attend and watch.
    You’re right VO. In the teams you listed as least people cared.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information