Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ragin Review- S6 | E36: Another Brick in the Wall

Tickets Ragin Review- S6 | E36: Another Brick in the Wall

Despite a huge letdown earlier in the day, Gerry, Nick and Josh get together to talk about our week in baseball, wrap up results in other sports this week, and discuss the challenges we face and how to break down the wall between Ragin' Review and the athletics administration.

🚫Obstacles and Challenges [7:55]
    ⚾️Baseball Update & Looking Ahead [01:07:40]
    🥎🏀Softball & Basketball Wrap Up [01:53:00]

For full video of this episode, follow us on these platforms:
    YouTube | Twitter (X) | Facebook | Twitch | Instagram | TikTok

Default Re: Ragin Review- S6 | E36: Another Brick in the Wall

Quote Originally Posted by RaginReview View Post

Despite a huge letdown earlier in the day, Gerry, Nick and Josh get together to talk about our week in baseball, wrap up results in other sports this week, and discuss the challenges we face and how to break down the wall between Ragin' Review and the athletics administration.

🚫Obstacles and Challenges [7:55]
    ⚾️Baseball Update & Looking Ahead [01:07:40]
    🥎🏀Softball & Basketball Wrap Up [01:53:00]

For full video of this episode, follow us on these platforms:
    YouTube | Twitter (X) | Facebook | Twitch | Instagram | TikTok
    Got a chance to finally listen to you guys. Well done. Great quality, cool insight, sounded like a bunch of guys sitting around the bar talking Cajuns. Wish it would happen more.

Pretty clear there are some biases and that’s ok. But it’s also clear why there’s an issue with the admin.

Crux of the matter is UL knows it has a problem on its hands. One thing I do disagree with a little is how the fans don’t have a voice. Well, they do, when they say it collectively.

And this year’s basketball attendance is loud and clear. They’re not supporting the product. You can blame tickets, concession costs, schedule issues all you want. The facts are this team is not being supported, and it’s clear to know why.

Also, does USM “own” UL in basketball? Split the season series last year, couldn’t get the rubber match b/c USM wasn’t good enough for it. And UL has another shot at a split this season.

Regardless, I hope you guys continue the hustle. You clearly have an audience whether they want to give you access or not!

Great episode guys. I for one am behind you 100%!

Only listened to the first 20 or so minutes thus far, but in all of this what appears to be Admin vs. Fans/Students/Community fight (I know there are layers to this, but I'm trying to compartmentalize) I just keep thinking about the staff that we have on hand at the moment. They may not all be local, but they most likely worked at a university before. This is the world they live in.

Josh mentioned the gentleman that he spoke with asked him the question about the disconnect. I think he said he came from TAMU.

You're telling me with all this prior experience on campuses around the country, some in the SEC even, you can't figure out Lafayette, Louisiana? I did not know we were that complex. And the fact that you're still asking remedial questions just make me feel less hopeful.

Pool your collective experience. You are not idiots. You are professionals that know (or are supposed to know) universities and college athletics. There is so much parity. Especially among the SunBelt. Look at the stuff the successful schools are doing, paint it vermillion and see if it works here. Then rinse and repeat.

All of that and stop letting the "elite" few make decisions that impact so many. Acadiana is a community. The university should reflect that. Sure, there is a hierarchy, but you look very foolish when the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

Seeing some stuff on the bird app today. Is this the last time we hear from Ragin Review? I sure hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDew View Post
    Seeing some stuff on the bird app today. Is this the last time we hear from Ragin Review? I sure hope not.
    Bird app??

7. Default Re: Ragin Review- S6 | E36: Another Brick in the Wall

Quote Originally Posted by shof View Post
    Bird app??
    X

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    X
    Thanks

I’m wondering the same thing. Are we just not talking about this, or what?

Sure hope not

I just hope it means they are going to war. We all need to join their army.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingCajun08 View Post
    I just hope it means they are going to war. We all need to join their army.
    Don't forget, It wasn't over when the "Germans bombed Pearl Harbor".

What in the actual ____ is going on? The inner circle jerk is attacking our fans and former players . They are happy to be in the club no matter how small it is getting to be

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    What in the actual ____ is going on? The inner circle jerk is attacking our fans and former players . They are happy to be in the club no matter how small it is getting to be

Yikes. I'm assuming that lady is a KAREN. ____ing shameless

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post

A wise man once told me:

“ Most colleges have problems with the boosters illegally recruiting players. We have a problem with boosters haranguing fans.”

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information