Thread: Universal branding

1. Louisiana Universal branding

Get some milage out "LOUISIANA" by merging the athletic and academic brand.

LOUISIANA.edu

Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: Universal branding

No name, no symbol. No additions.

UL is the only one who can be solely the borders.

From the 33rd degree to the Gulf.
    From the Sabine to the Pearl.

I'm not advocating it take the reigns and become the primary, nor secondary.

Send it to the USPTO today. The one and only addition after registration being the R with the circle mark from the Patent office. Position it south and east of Venice.

The folks speaking about the use of an "L" like many other programs, here she is. The boot is the L. That's 100x more professional than those state University designs. Our state is the only one whose first letter is actually in the shape of said state. That's one in a million.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C3c3Z.sydXN1eGEwOHBr

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C3RJH.huczZxbnRuMmI1

Last edited by Swamp; February 27th, 2024 at 08:15 am. Reason: The L advocates

Meanwhile, the freight train is barreling down the tracks. If KH is floating this idea out there, it’s a possible reality. As fast as things are changing, it makes you wonder what’s next. A mascot, logo, stadium and CBM are the least of our problems. What is UL doing to be ready relationship wise with other G5 programs? Fracturing amongst the G5 is inevitable if KH’s scenario happens.

The NCAA’s only grip is the MBB tournament. They even appeased the power teams with the NIT move this year. The power conferences will figure a way to wrestle this from the NCAA, then it’s over.

https://www.outkick.com/sports/kirk-.sec-merge-ncaa

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp View Post
    No name, no symbol. No additions.

UL is the only one who can be solely the borders.

From the 33rd degree to the Gulf.
    From the Sabine to the Pearl.

I'm not advocating it take the reigns and become the primary, nor secondary.

Send it to the USPTO today. The one and only addition after registration being the R with the circle mark from the Patent office. Position it south and east of Venice.

The folks speaking about the use of an "L" like many other programs, here she is. The boot is the L. That's 100x more professional than those state University designs. Our state is the only one whose first letter is actually in the shape of said state. That's one in a million.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C3c3Z.sydXN1eGEwOHBr

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C3RJH.huczZxbnRuMmI1
    I want you to try the L or outline of the state on stuff. I mean we have ro make it ours in some way

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    I want you to try the L or outline of the state on stuff. I mean we have ro make it ours in some way
    None of this will happen because Leslie thinks it's ew

Amazing that an organization with a multi-million dollar budget leaves branding concepts up to the personal preferences of one person

6. Default Re: Universal branding

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post

317537 has it upside down.

The only way to get past dat ewe is dot edu

LOUISIANA.edu

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post

Amazing that an organization with a multi-million dollar budget leaves branding concepts up to the personal preferences of one person
    Its sad really. Its like we never on a quest to improve things.

The University needs to change its image to the public if they want to reach that next level.

We need a huge promotion and market throughout Acadiana.

We need to do something about tailgating, image, fan engagement etc.

Part of that is promoting Louisiana, not Ragin Cajuns it is the only way to reach that next level.

LSU, Alabama, Ole Miss, Texas, Arkansas, Tennessee etc. all promote there name over there mascot.

UL needs to be look like the second best college in the state or that we are state wide and not some regional university.

We need to do the same.

I posted this on the Louisiana one, but it looked so good i am posting it here.

This is how we need to brand stuff. Totally looks like a major university.

Name:  IMG_7146.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  152.0 KB

Name:  IMG_7153.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  133.1 KB

Name:  IMG_7155.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  171.2 KB

Name:  B314651D-3DE2-4CDD-9408-8687CD29346A.jpeg
Views: 81
Size:  48.6 KB