Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: UMASS to the MAC

Default UMASS to the MAC

https://x.com/NicoleAuerbach/status/...407510473?s=20

This puts the MAC at 13 members. Very curious if they add one more. If so, who? WKU? Does Delaware have buyers remorse?

Default Re: UMASS to the MAC

UCONN…lmao

https://www.csnbbs.com/thread-987266.html

Man, and they just put this on the MAC board a few days ago.

Attached Images Attached Images  

I think this makes sense from the MAC perspective. Buffalo was kind of on an island, this gives them another NE presence. I would not at all be surprised if they add another NE school to the mix.

From UMASS perspective this also makes sense. They cannot live as a football independent, and no other conference wants them right now. The only place this hurts is in basketball, where they leave the A-10 for the MAC which would be a step backwards. But in almost all other sports, joining the MAC is an improvement from their current situation. I would not be surprised if the MAC continues to try to get UCONN or Army to join the conference as a football member only or move to get an FCS team in the NE to move up.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I think this makes sense from the MAC perspective. Buffalo was kind of on an island, this gives them another NE presence. I would not at all be surprised if they add another NE school to the mix.

From UMASS perspective this also makes sense. They cannot live as a football independent, and no other conference wants them right now. The only place this hurts is in basketball, where they leave the A-10 for the MAC which would be a step backwards. But in almost all other sports, joining the MAC is an improvement from their current situation. I would not be surprised if the MAC continues to try to get UCONN or Army to join the conference as a football member only or move to get an FCS team in the NE to move up.
    Army has committed to join the AAC as a replacement for SMU joining the ACC. Delaware would make the most sense but they are joining CUSA here shortly.

Gotta get Army or Navy down to the swamp. That will draw a very solid crowd.

Matter of fact, line one of 'em up for Game 1 in the new swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp View Post
    Gotta get Army or Navy down to the swamp. That will draw a very solid crowd.

Matter of fact, line one of 'em up for Game 1 in the new swamp.
    We had Boise state, Kansas state, Oklahoma state here. Nobody came

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunologist View Post
    Boise State 11 AM
    Kansas State - Rained alllll day
    Oklahoma State - Friday night (and if i remember was a pretty good crowd, student section was packed)

8. Default Re: UMASS to the MAC

The list should be 30 deep, not 3.

Get people in the habit.

If there was a music festival one every 10 years, attendance would be 10% of what it is.

Dude, those aren't the U.S. Military.

Well we also had Southern, Texas A&M, and Alabama, and thousands came. Granted those games were nearly 20-30 years ago now.

Going back to UMass, I too think this is a good move. UMass was actually a member of the MAC from 2012-2015, so they're probably familiar with how the conference runs.

I'm starting to notice a trend though. First Army to the AAC, now UMass to the MAC. Is there a reason why these independent schools are joining conferences? My gut feel is that it has something to do with media coverage or something along those lines. I doubt it's easy for crappy programs like UMass or UConn to make a lot of money with TV deals whenever they aren't affiliated with a conference. I think having exposure on ESPN with the MAC will create more $$$ for the school. Just my thoughts tho.

12. Default Re: UMASS to the MAC

P5 schools are headed to 9 conference games, making it extra hard for independants to schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Boise State 11 AM
    Kansas State - Rained alllll day
    Oklahoma State - Friday night (and if i remember was a pretty good crowd, student section was packed)
    This . I was at all 3 but our fanbase is soft AF

Okie lite game had a very nice crowd for a Friday night game . We were up at halftime and then Justin Blackmon and Brandon Weeden decided to go off in the second half

k State game was a great game . Walk off FG win was a good time

The ____ing Boise state game was moved up to a hot September morning for a ____ing podunk tv network that no one even got . It was ridiculous. We got ____ed on that one. One of the hottest games I’ve been to at Cajun field other than the noon Arky State game which was also moved up for bull____ tv. Fat old fans were getting IV’s during that game

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    This . I was at all 3 but our fanbase is soft AF

Okie lite game had a very nice crowd for a Friday night game . We were up at halftime and then Justin Blackmon and Brandon Weeden decided to go off in the second half

k State game was a great game . Walk off FG win was a good time

The ____ing Boise state game was moved up to a hot September morning for a ____ing podunk tv network that no one even got . It was ridiculous. We got ____ed on that one. One of the hottest games I’ve been to at Cajun field other than the noon Arky State game which was also moved up for bull____ tv. Fat old fans were getting IV’s during that game
    K-State in '09 was an awesome game and loud

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Yeah that Boise State game was awful. 90 degrees and we were in Upper Deck. Not to mention we got crushed. Needless to say, we did not stay long lol.

Oddly enough I actually had that podunk channel on my TV. I remember we decided to watch the rest of the game at home and it was on lol. Not sure why that is tho...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information