Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Day In Cajunland

Default Re: Another Day In Cajunland

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Why is the administration involved in who a coach speaks to?

Doe the admin. require an "ok" on which potential recruits a coach talks to?

“Invariably, micromanaging results in four problems: deceit, disloyalty, conflict, and communication problems.” – John Rosemond
    That's a question for the administration. This is the way it's been since Dr Maggard started, nothing has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    Understand that but their post says they invited the coach, set it up, & sent questions. Doesn't say anywhere that they went through the administration.
    We were told by certain people we could do it that way.

Next Question.

3. Default Re: Another Day In Cajunland

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    That's a question for the administration. This is the way it's been since Dr Maggard started, nothing has changed.
    Not since he started, its been an incideous creep.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Why is the administration involved in who a coach speaks to?

Doe the admin. require an "ok" on which potential recruits a coach talks to?

“Invariably, micromanaging results in four problems: deceit, disloyalty, conflict, and communication problems.” – John Rosemond
    I have no dog in this fight. I worked with Nick decades ago, he’s a good dude and I’m sure he knows the drill, so I’d be a little surprised if they didn’t follow the school’s interview request policy.

With that said, from UL’s standpoint, there are reasons for having an interview request policy. It’s not like they invented it either. All schools and major companies have them.

While I can’t say I’ve listened to the podcast, I hope those guys stay connected to the program. School clearly needs every fan it can get.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginReview View Post

Next Question.
    Who was the coach?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginReview View Post

Next Question.
    Simple question, simple answer. Makes this a much more enjoyable place.

My suggestion, request interviews with every opposing teams staff prior to them playing the Cajuns.

Also, who is to say that said coach didn’t ask to come on first? Not to mention there is near zero coverage of the Cajuns.

Once again, this university has found ways to create Tiger fans with the best of them.

8. Default Re: Another Day In Cajunland

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSID View Post
    I have no dog in this fight. I worked with Nick decades ago, he’s a good dude and I’m sure he knows the drill, so I’d be a little surprised if they didn’t follow the school’s interview request policy.

With that said, from UL’s standpoint, there are reasons for having an interview request policy. It’s not like they invented it either. All schools and major companies have them.

While I can’t say I’ve listened to the podcast, I hope those guys stay connected to the program. School clearly needs every fan it can get.
    One of the signs of alzheimers is the inabilty of a person to withstand the rigors of a normal conversation.

Why such distrust in their coaches ability to converse?

Fans build and organic digital third place for Cajun fans to gather and cultivate their fandoms. Administration doesn't like something the fans do and gives them the cold shoulder.

If the story sounds familiar, happened in two different eras. Turbine/Ragin Pagin and now Ragin' Review.

"Once again, this university has found ways to create Tiger fans with the best of them."
    -cajun4life

And some of you want to keep Maggard....all decisions like this one, in general, come from the top...

____ this place.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    And some of you want to keep Maggard....all decisions like this one, in general, come from the top...
    Don't worry because as imperfect as the guy is at times, he will be replaced by a person that knows the cUSLture very well like David Walker and Nelson Schexnayder. Or maybe they can find another diamond in the rough like Scott Farmer. This board will be really entertaining when that day comes.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Don't worry because as imperfect as the guy is at times, he will be replaced by a person that knows the cUSLture very well like David Walker and Nelson Schexnayder. Or maybe they can find another diamond in the rough like Scott Farmer. This board will be really entertaining when that day comes.
    Right? Biggest meltdown in RP history will happen on the day our next AD is announced

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    Right? Biggest meltdown in RP history will happen on the day our next AD is announced
    Naw, that’s when CBM finally retires and they hire someone that’s not even dribbled a basketball yet.

I’m resigned to the probability our next AD will be swooped from the ULS good old boy network.

15. Default Re: Another Day In Cajunland

All this stems from the making money point of view. The order is "monetize everthing" and anything that doesn't make, money is persona no grata. The view from the top is that allowing free interviews takes away from the money veins.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information