Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Another Day In Cajunland

Default Re: Another Day In Cajunland

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Yes and he was just on Jays podcast this past summer. It was a good interview and episode with lots of good info. Ragin Review would be just as good and professional with different questions coming from more of a fan point of view. It is a shame the university is stoping that from happening.
    Appreciate it.

It's interesing to know what kind of disrespectful content they think we would ask our coaches.

They are disconnected from reality. I feel like they do not even know what the average fan talks about.

They stay in there offices and they only talk to people who are sunshine pumping everyday. That they are disconnected to the average fan.

They are so disconnected they can not figure out why attendance has been going down. Why they post something on facebook or twitter and it doesnt work.

At a certain point they going have to live there life in reality otherwise we are doomed.

Then they want to act like we are dumb or that we are being negative. That we are not good enough to be critical.

Well administration this is what i talk to my dad or brother or friend about.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    They are disconnected from reality. I feel like they do not even know what the average fan talks about.

They stay in there offices and they only talk to people who are sunshine pumping everyday. That they are disconnected to the average fan.

They are so disconnected they can not figure out why attendance has been going down. Why they post something on facebook or twitter and it doesnt work.

At a certain point they going have to live there life in reality otherwise we are doomed.

Then they want to act like we are dumb or that we are being negative. That we are not good enough to be critical.

Well administration this is what i talk to my dad or brother or friend about.
    When admins are asking RR specifically why there is a disconnect, that is a problem. That is not our job to figure out. It's yours.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginReview View Post
    When admins are asking RR specifically why there is a disconnect, that is a problem. That is not our job to figure out. It's yours.
    And what is even funnier is when we tell them exactly why there is a disconnect and how to fix it, they blast us for being "negative".

So basically they:

* Don't know why there is a problem
    * Don't know how to fix the problem
    * Don't want to listen to possible solutions to said problem
    * Don't think we are privy to know any information
    * Think everything outside of their office is noise and nonsense

I don't know how you fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajuns1 View Post
    And what is even funnier is when we tell them exactly why there is a disconnect and how to fix it, they blast us for being "negative".

So basically they:

Swallow your pride and admit what you’re doing isn’t working. All we are doing is giving basic feedback. This isn’t complicated.

Well how much more guidance do they need. It really isnt that hard to figure out. I am going to do there 400k salary for free.

Please get out into the community and start talking to people go to events not just in Lafayette but all around Acadiana. Start asking people to come to the games. Start building a rapport with the fans.

We need to have a feeling of a big-time University. Lets start with branding, tailgating, mascot, game-day atmosphere, parking etc.

Branding: We need to move away from a regional or a commuter college type mentality and move towards a national or statewide branding.

How you do that? Well start moving away from Ragin Cajuns and move more towards Louisiana. Come up with a symbol that says we are Louisiana, do not be scared of your shadow when promoting Louisiana. Its like we are scared to promote it.

Tailgating: Well lets make events like a Championship square or tents, live music, food trucks, beer vendors, drink vendors, merchandise vendors where selling stuff to fans where people can sit and hang out and have a good time . This has to be promoted and area where average people can go and tailgate.

Mascot: We have a person that has created a great mascot that would be unique that would help us be identified as Louisiana. Have we not watch WaterBoy, or Swamp People? The main part of the show is that they hunt alligators.

Also Cajun Field is also known as the swamp, we have a live alligator on campus.

This would also help us to be identified as Louisiana.

For example here are ways we can market an albino alligator.

Name:  9F362249-08F1-4C01-B6AE-F561AEACCFAA.jpeg
Views: 274
Size:  114.9 KB

Name:  IMG_6810.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  47.5 KB

Name:  IMG_6699.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  57.9 KB

Name:  IMG_6706.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  85.9 KB

Game-Day Atmosphere: Building the stadium will help but not if you do the other things unsuccessful.

If you bring in tailgators and you promote, and having little kids start getting interested and repairing what they have done to alienate the community. This should fix itself, but just like waiting 1 hour for a beer or the fact that we cannot handle a crowd over 15k let alone 25k will be a problem the logistics. Need to be sure everything runs smoothly should be a focal point on game days

Parking: start letting them into Cajun Field have them pay a fee to park at Cajun Field. People do not like having to park way far away when they looking at empty closer parking spots.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajuns1 View Post

So basically they:

Exactly no one is saying they have to do everything that is on this forum or a talk show.

Even has gotten to the point where the guy who created a mascot has created a campaign and talked on news stations, has outlined and has basically did your job for free!! Went above and beyond.

Now do you have to accept his idea no, but at least come up with something!!

Do you need to use the state outline with a FDL no not at all. Least come up with something a symbol that tells everyone we are Louisiana. Want to use just the FDL to promote Louisiana okay great do it.

Same with all the other factors i have mention and what these fans have mention.

With that altitude and looking at it the way the administration is looking at it. NOTHING WILL GET ACCOMPLISHED!

Its all about altitude.

I must be to fan eccentric for their liking.

That kind of altitude has created apathy, and when i am apathetic towards something then i do not care. When i stop caring I stop sending money, i stop showing up, i stop following why because i do not care.

That is the altitude they have created for the average fan.

This is the environment they have created.

If they dont care why should I?

Since I’m new to the party, I apologize asking questions I’m sure you guys have addressed. But here we go:

Have you met with them previously to discuss goals and what you’re trying to accomplish?

Have podcasts had unprofessional moments (ie baseless criticism, name-calling, etc)?

If yes, did they raise issues with you previously?

Was constructive criticism offered by both sides?

I don’t know enough about the media scene there anymore. But UL previously had more media coverage than almost anyone in the Sun Belt. Would be a little surprised if there’s next to no coverage there anymore.

From UL’s perspective, they want allies not adversaries. It’s always a difficult line for the media relations crew. I don’t miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    I stand behind the administration on this decision. Free exposure for our program could bring increased engagement and traffic to our venues, therefore increasing our potential liability. A smart choice to nip this in the bud.
    T JOE has to GEAUX!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSID View Post
    Since I’m new to the party, I apologize asking questions I’m sure you guys have addressed. But here we go:

Have you met with them previously to discuss goals and what you’re trying to accomplish?

Have podcasts had unprofessional moments (ie baseless criticism, name-calling, etc)?

I don’t know enough about the media scene there anymore. But UL previously had more media coverage than almost anyone in the Sun Belt. Would be a little surprised if there’s next to no coverage there anymore.

From UL’s perspective, they want allies not adversaries. It’s always a difficult line for the media relations crew. I don’t miss it.
    The local media coverage is drastically less than it was 10 years ago. At one time both the advertiser and advocate had beat writers assigned to cover our programs . That is no longer the case

1420 is a shell of what it used to be and 103.3 is the same in regards to local coverage.

Seems to me the modus operandi of this university is to manage/lower expectations and risk 24/7 when it comes to athletics. Pay more, expect less and don't get too excited is what we all hear coming from them.

...and they wonder why there is a disconnect?

Honestly, I don't think they care about that. I think they know full well what they are doing and why they are doing it. Don't get me wrong. The disconnect is real. I'm telling you that they like it this way.

The last time this university was fully connected to the people it is supposed to serve was sometime in the 70's. Ever since then, they have evolved to the left while the people have evolved to the right.

This is the divide, and they don't care at all how this affects athletics.

I've said this a million times. The divide is ideological.

12. Default Re: Another Day In Cajunland

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSID View Post

Very good questions and ground worth covering.

The disconnect is not realizing majority of Cajun descendants are blue collar folks that still emphasize strong community bonds (crawfish boils, fais do-dos, and festivals), religion, joie de vivre, etc.

In hindsight, we raised prices too high, especially with the arrival of ESPN+. That's ok, we tried something, and it didn't work. Lower prices, plan a party, invite people to the party, and get out of the way. Tell the University Police to take some CBD gummies and relax. Tell the Greek Life admins there's some kids vaping in the bathroom and lock them in there. Could you imagine going to a boucherie and constantly being harassed? No one would go. Play local and Cajun music and tell the marching band to learn some new tricks. Do the players want to listen to piped-in music that they like? Or have a near-capacity crowd and lose the music they like?

We're the most unique moniker in college sports and we're serving up a non-unique gameday experience.

Lastly, adopt the unofficial sports anthem of Lafayette from the 90s: The Hey Song. If you make the '24-25 season hype video with The Hey Song and play it throughout the season, you're going to tug on them nostalgic strings.

Wait until the stadium is completed and everyone gets reseated based on points. That will be fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Wait until the stadium is completed and everyone gets reseated based on points. That will be fun to watch.
    Yeah, some will be upset. I've made my peace with it. I'm gonna lose some of the best seats in the stadium, but I don't mind changing my viewpoint if it means we do what is best for the program. I mean, the people we've been sitting by for the last 25 years are probably sick of us by know with how we actually cheer and scream loudly.

What I'm worried about is losing the close seats to my friends. Over the years, we've managed to piece together nearly 2 whole rows with Erath people. No way we manage that with reseating.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information