Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8

Thread: Another Day In Cajunland

Default Re: Another Day In Cajunland

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSID View Post
    My guess is someone involved in the show has ticked someone off in the admin. The question is if it’s justified to cut off access. Meeting with them to get that feedback would answer the riddle. And maybe they have.

IMO, if you’re gonna get access, you have to be fair. I agree you shouldn’t have to be the good boy and girl and just spit out rainbows and butterflies.
    It's not a guess.. that's what happened..

Someone loosely attached to the admin doesn't get along with one of the show creators on a personal basis, and so the university thinks it's a good idea to torpedo the only real fan-centric coverage of UL athletics.

It's more small-time, good ole boy BS

You know those schools in Disney movies where there's one old guy booster who tries to flex on the school admin? Hoosiers, Glory Road, We Are Marshall, Remember the Titans..

That's us. We're Texas Western.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRagin View Post
    They changed it during Covid, and stuck with it.

There were so many kids after the game this past Sunday waiting to meet the players and run on the field, only to be told that “kids’ day” happens before the game; not after. I think enough people complained at that moment that they let the few kids left onto the field for a little bit.

It’s not surprising though. There are two to three ladies who spend every game telling kids that they can’t toss a tennis ball up against a brick wall, or they toss a ball under the bleachers. I’m glad my boys are now old enough to stay at home by themselves, because it got to the point that they would beg us not to go to games anymore. There’s only so much sitting still kids can handle, and families (who bring in younger generations of fans) notice.
    The kids use to play in the rocks under 1st base bleachers. Sunday there were staffers making sure no one went.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    The kids use to play in the rocks under 1st base bleachers. Sunday there were staffers making sure no one went.
    Staffers harrassed me a few times Sunday trying to get to my seats to make sure I had a ticket to walk to the section I was going to.

I understand they are trying to do a job but someone instructed them to do what they are doing. In my opinion, its just another thing the administration is doing to inconvenience fans.

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUNJUDO View Post
    I don’t know where to put this, but why did they stop letting people on the baseball field after the games?

My son brought a friend to his first Cajun’s game on Saturday. They corralled a foul ball and later got it signed along with the game day program. My son told him how he used to play on the field but they don’t allow that anymore. The other said that would be so cool and asked if I knew. I honestly don’t, but they have the fluorescent green shirts lining the field to prevent anyone from doing so.

Why the reason for keeping kids from making childhood memories that will last a lifetime?
    That is one of the DUMBEST decisions they have made! It was generational fan building in real time after every game!

Quote Originally Posted by DannyP View Post
    That is one of the DUMBEST decisions they have made! It was generational fan building in real time after every game!
    We’ve gotten good at destroying generational fandom.

My kids are Cajuns fans because of me. They do it because I do. There’s nothing about it that makes it a unique experience for them.

I still to this day do not know who is making and made these changes to baseball. I have asked and still get zero response.

My kids started in strollers at the Tigue. I was able to watch many games to the end because they knew they would be able to run on the field after ANY and EVERY game. This new policy is stupid and would have never happened under Coach Robe. Just like 2 years ago they tried to limit the days kids could go to the game using their Young Ragin Cajun pass.

Someone not really smart has changed traditions for baseball and it is just flat out sucks!

The lifeblood of your program are the KIDS!

And FYI we are going up on our prices next year!

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Rock View Post
    Someone not really smart has changed traditions for baseball and it is just flat out sucks!

The lifeblood of your program are the KIDS!

And FYI we are going up on our prices next year!
    1. Renovate stadium
    2. Eliminate all traditions for kids, families, etc that might appear "small time"
    3. Raise prices

That grassy hill in the north endzone better be REALLY nervous

SOP at the dome. Rare is the time I’m not stopped. I know, it’s Marlin’s fault…lol.

All joking aside, wait until Cajun Field is completed. Seat police in full force.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginReview View Post
    The boys at Ragin’ Review do our best to bring you, the fans, the best content and latest news on the Ragin’ Cajuns. We work tirelessly to spread the Cajun across the nation for free and give each of you a voice, and in doing so, invited a baseball coach, who has previously appeared on several different podcasts (including Ragin’ Review), to participate in an interview tonight. The coach agreed to the interview and questions were sent ahead of time.

At the last minute, we were made aware that someone in the administration (who remains unnamed) has made a decision disallow their appearance on Ragin’ Review. We were never contacted by the administration, and no one was given an explanation as to why.

We want nothing more than to bring you, the fans, the best possible content week in and out. While we were told months ago that we were an asset to the program and could have access to coaches for interviews in the future, that has not panned out to be true.

We apologize that we could not come through for you, the fans, to make this happen. While we will continue to bleed Vermilion and White, we will rethink our strategy going forward and reconsider whether any of this is worth our time and effort.
    https://twitter.com/CollinKushner/st...8bJ8Q6RyQ&s=19

Bruh

Maybe the Podcast ban was put in place after this interview? *sarcasm off*

That's too funny and depressing.

You can't interview him because WE are threatened by you. Absolute garbage.

Is that the right post date. Um, yesterday?

I've never love so much and been so disappointed in something like I am with this university.

Originally posted Feb-21.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8

Thread Information