Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Day In Cajunland

Default Another Day In Cajunland

The boys at Ragin’ Review do our best to bring you, the fans, the best content and latest news on the Ragin’ Cajuns. We work tirelessly to spread the Cajun across the nation for free and give each of you a voice, and in doing so, invited a baseball coach, who has previously appeared on several different podcasts (including Ragin’ Review), to participate in an interview tonight. The coach agreed to the interview and questions were sent ahead of time.

At the last minute, we were made aware that someone in the administration (who remains unnamed) has made a decision disallow their appearance on Ragin’ Review. We were never contacted by the administration, and no one was given an explanation as to why.

We want nothing more than to bring you, the fans, the best possible content week in and out. While we were told months ago that we were an asset to the program and could have access to coaches for interviews in the future, that has not panned out to be true.

We apologize that we could not come through for you, the fans, to make this happen. While we will continue to bleed Vermilion and White, we will rethink our strategy going forward and reconsider whether any of this is worth our time and effort.

Default Re: Another Day In Cajunland

I see someone took Josh Brunner's spot in ruining the great things you guys do.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginReview View Post
    The boys at Ragin’ Review do our best to bring you, the fans, the best content and latest news on the Ragin’ Cajuns. We work tirelessly to spread the Cajun across the nation for free and give each of you a voice, and in doing so, invited a baseball coach, who has previously appeared on several different podcasts (including Ragin’ Review), to participate in an interview tonight. The coach agreed to the interview and questions were sent ahead of time.

At the last minute, we were made aware that someone in the administration (who remains unnamed) has made a decision disallow their appearance on Ragin’ Review. We were never contacted by the administration, and no one was given an explanation as to why.

We want nothing more than to bring you, the fans, the best possible content week in and out. While we were told months ago that we were an asset to the program and could have access to coaches for interviews in the future, that has not panned out to be true.

We apologize that we could not come through for you, the fans, to make this happen. While we will continue to bleed Vermilion and White, we will rethink our strategy going forward and reconsider whether any of this is worth our time and effort.
    Damn, that sucks. Ragin Review is the best thing this fanbase has going for it. Y'all are our only true voice.

Which coach were y'all gonna interview?

Lame.

Is anyone really surprised? Even money there’s an in house list much like politicians keep of perceived friends and enemies. Anyone that even sighs a few seconds after any error on the field, court or pitch is on the list.

We’re slowing evolving into the old McNeese. Hire bubbas, expect support without trying, blame LSU (MSU blamed UL) for everything.

When the silhouette of the state of Louisiana makes its way to the USPTO and we aren't the registrant, yall will have material forever!

Sounds like demorat strategy

I stand behind the administration on this decision. Free exposure for our program could bring increased engagement and traffic to our venues, therefore increasing our potential liability. A smart choice to nip this in the bud.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    I stand behind the administration on this decision. Free exposure for our program could bring increased engagement and traffic to our venues, therefore increasing our potential liability. A smart choice to nip this in the bud.
    Hear here

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    LOL, man it's hard being a fan of this school's athletics. No wonder most people in Lafayette just follow the tiggahs

That sucks. Our administration really has a lot to work on. With that said, do not quit what you guys are doing. Like Esqueleto said, you guys are by far the best thing Cajun Nation has when it comes to podcasts. I have also received helpful advice and tips from you guys about my own podcast. Myself and many others enjoy your livestreams and episodes, and even if you guys can't get coaches/players on anymore, y'all still do a great job, even if it's only the 2 of you. Keep up the good work, and don't let this discourage you!

I don't know how our fanbase social media presence officially stacks up to others, but anecdotally...it is very thin. Ragin' Review is one of the only organic ways our fanbase stays engaged not only with our own programs, but with our peer programs. Without them, our social media interaction would be at a ULM level.

I know it's easy to pick up a pitchfork and be a "complainer", but to actively stifle RR's growth by continuously blocking interviews...conducted by dudes just building something in their own free time...

I couldn't do it. But thanks for doing it.

And I know some people call RR negative, but RR's mentions and pods are completely open. Anyone can jump on and call them out on something they don't agree with, and I guarantee they would openly accept that.

Went around the admin and straight to the coach? That would be a clear no no in any organization. Just asking

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information