Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Day In Cajunland

Default Re: Another Day In Cajunland

Quote Originally Posted by ChanceEncounter View Post
    All this stems from the making money point of view. The order is "monetize everthing" and anything that doesn't make, money is persona no grata. The view from the top is that allowing free interviews takes away from the money veins.
    It's just a matter of control. People who are ____ty at what they do become insecure when called out, and this is what happens.

All this stems from the making money point of view. The order is "monetize everthing" and anything that doesn't make, money is persona no grata. The view from the top is that allowing free interviews takes away from the money veins.
    Very shorted sighted but sounds about right

More fan engagement would lead to more fans going to games and spending money but yeah

Keep pushing the brand!!!!!!!!!! Never stop!!!!!!! those in admin are subject to change one day and so are coaches, but we are here forever!!!!!!!!!!

LOUISIANA. It's shaped like a boot because you can't fit that much bull$#!+ in a shoe.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    I stand behind the administration on this decision. Free exposure for our program could bring increased engagement and traffic to our venues, therefore increasing our potential liability. A smart choice to nip this in the bud.
    Finally! A voice of reason!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    LOUISIANA. It's shaped like a boot because you can't fit that much bull$#!+ in a shoe.
    LOLLL too much truth for a bumper sticker make a poster.

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    Right? Biggest meltdown in RP history will happen on the day our next AD is announced
    Well, I'm about done supporting and giving money to this University anyway. Maybe it'll make it that much easier to do.

LoL! Since when is driving all your fans and money away from the program a great way to make money???

I don’t think you’ll find another city in the country whose citizens hate the local university as much as the people of Lafayette do. I never understood the disdain a lot of people show the hometown school and in many cases their alma mater.

But I think I can see why now. This administration craps on fans every chance they get. I will always support this team and this school but I know most fans, especially the average or casual fan, will say “screw them”. And I don’t think I blame them.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDew View Post
    But I think I can see why now. This administration craps on fans every chance they get. I will always support this team and this school but I know most fans, especially the average or casual fan, will say “screw them”. And I don’t think I blame them.
    Every solution they come up with to "improve fan experience" is the same..

1. Renovate facilities
    2. Raise prices
    3. Enjoy the games without all those pesky Average Joe's making you uncomfortable

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    I love the coverage and listen to just about every episode. That, along with a bit of Foote, some "Locked on Sunbelt", and Cajun Connections are the only outlets to hear about Cajuns anymore. And that's sad.

The resistance from the University is very concerning. Not just with you guys, but with several things that they do that have been well documented on this board.

Remember, this fan thing is supposed to be fun. These are the things that make you wonder why we're so invested in it.
    You can also hear about Cajun Sports on The We’re Talkin podcast hosted by Craig Melancon. Granted those are more technical in nature and some fans are not interested in that aspect. There is a place for all the podcasts. They all serve a purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    We doing the cupid shuffle?
    Electric Slide.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Yes, I know you're about following the rules, but do you think that the UL admin should continue following that rule and essentially barring podcasts like RR and Locked On Sun Belt from interviewing coaches?
    Dave Schultz of Locked on Sun Belt airs many of the coaches comments at press conferences and post game on X, formerly Twitter. He likely still has press credentials from his radio days.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Electric Slide.
    That’s before my time.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information