Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: SB G3 Final: Louisiana 4, Texas 5

Default Re: SB G3: Louisiana vs Texas

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    No. We run ruled them the first time we played them. The kneeling game was the second time we played them.
    They kneeled the first game and got run ruled. The second game had all the shenanigans with the coaches and umpires in the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    No. We run ruled them the first time we played them. The kneeling game was the second time we played them.
    No, we beat Cal 8-0 right after the infamous national anthem.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    They kneeled the first game and got run ruled. The second game had all the shenanigans with the coaches and umpires in the rain.
    WOW! I am going to finish my cup of coffee and see if I can remember correctly! It may take the second cup.

They didn’t play the anthem for the second game against Cali

5. Default Re: SB G3: Louisiana vs Texas

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Uh, did not the Cajuns run rule Cal right after that?
    It's not hard to grasp what happened.

The game immediately following the idiocy prevented the events from getting in their heads.

After that, lost focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    It's not hard to grasp what happened.

The game immediately following the idiocy prevented the events from getting in their heads.

After that, lost focus.
    If I were a gambling man, I’d bet it’s an internal thing with the team like 2 seasons ago. CGG can’t fix that.

7. Default Re: SB G3: Louisiana vs Texas

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    If I were a gambling man, I’d bet it’s an internal thing with the team like 2 seasons ago. CGG can’t fix that.
    I don't disagree.

I just think the club house disarray happened after they had time to sit around and talk about events.

Then players are looking at opponents dugout for specific players and begin missing calls.

Then coaches panic not recognizing the problem and make changes that don't need to be made.

In football the defender spits in your face and it affects the next play.

In diamond sports the effect is delayed and insidious.

Realizing that the stands were no longer there to see you play, but we're there to expose opponent stupidity is demoralizing.

It all added up to lack of focus.

Default Re: SB G3 Final: Louisiana 4, Texas 5

Personally, I'd be shocked if calling out those disrespectful Californians had anything to do with performance on the field. That notion is just silly, IMHO.

IF that did cause them to have loss of focus, that's pretty weak - and they weren't going anywhere to begin with - not being able to keep mental focus on the task at hand - on the diamond. It's pretty elementary.

Rather - it seems this team - like last years early on - has some internal chemistry issues and lack of confidence with errors and hitting issues that snowball. I don't know how all that gets fixed.

How about picking a starting lineup, offensively/defensively and stick with it to build some confidence/consistency. He did the same thing last year early on. Quit having such a quick hook when players are struggling, tough to work your way out of it when you are looking over your shoulder.

10. Default Re: SB G3 Final: Louisiana 4, Texas 5

Quote Originally Posted by cajunref View Post
    How about picking a starting lineup, offensively/defensively and stick with it to build some confidence/consistency. He did the same thing last year early on. Quit having such a quick hook when players are struggling, tough to work your way out of it when you are looking over your shoulder.
    Gerry seems like a great person but stubborn as a mule when it comes to this. Hopefully he can take the feedback. No other softball coach shuffles the lineup every game.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunref View Post
    Here are some issues in the infield. He has a shortstop playing second base. He has a first baseman who has never played first base. He has a third baseman who is, first, a catcher.

I think he needs to decide to play defense and hope the bats are enough, or play offense and hope the errors don't cost him the game.

13. Default Re: SB G3 Final: Louisiana 4, Texas 5

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    Personally, I'd be shocked if calling out those disrespectful Californians had anything to do with performance on the field. That notion is just silly, IMHO.

IF that did cause them to have loss of focus, that's pretty weak - and they weren't going anywhere to begin with - not being able to keep mental focus on the task at hand - on the diamond. It's pretty elementary.

Rather - it seems this team - like last years early on - has some internal chemistry issues and lack of confidence with errors and hitting issues that snowball. I don't know how all that gets fixed.
    I think that is the whole point.

Play has been pretty week ever since they had a chance to dwell on the uproar by fans who were more interested in discussing periferals than discussing the game itself.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    I think he needs to decide to play defense and hope the bats are enough, or play offense and hope the errors don't cost him the game.
    Play defense, not like any of them are even hitting.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information