Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: BB G3 Final: Louisiana 3, Rice 0

Default Re: BB G3: Louisiana vs Rice

Needed that one. 2 hitter was impressive.

Default Re: BB G3 Final: Louisiana 3, Rice 0

2 hit shutout is always nice. Our team ERA is about 2.50.

Lafleur stayed in to run the bases after his pinch hit yesterday. I hope that means he is improving and will be able to play in Houston.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Needed that one. 2 hitter was impressive.
    Clean up the errors, timely hitting, and this is a glimpse of what this team can do. I understand we will 2 hit very few teams. But this is a huge step forward from Friday and Saturday.

Now we need to keep the momentum going Wednesday night. I want to see another midweek performance like last.

With this pitching staff, 3 runs a game might be all we need. 3 would’ve won Friday night and won the series. This pitching staff has been damn impressive

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDew View Post
    Lafleur stayed in to run the bases after his pinch hit yesterday. I hope that means he is improving and will be able to play in Houston.
    That is a good sign... and with Zambo's performance yesterday... maybe we look for DH Lafleur and 1B Zambo (until Lafleur is 100%)... Amedee or Pastore at 3B???

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingCajun08 View Post
    Clean up the errors, timely hitting, and this is a glimpse of what this team can do. I understand we will 2 hit very few teams. But this is a huge step forward from Friday and Saturday.

Now we need to keep the momentum going Wednesday night. I want to see another midweek performance like last.
    Correct. The defense has to back the pitching while some of the young bats get a chance to grow. We are not going to bang the ball around the park right now, so the formula is good pitching, play defense, hit & run and move runners over. This is not last year's team, but we have talent.

2.43 team ERA

TCU transfer Murphy Brooks starting on Wednesday

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun97 View Post
    I’m interested to see him. Hopefully the offense can put up some runs early so some guys that haven’t pitched can get in and get some experience. There are still 5 pitchers on the roster that haven’t made an appearance (Murphy Brooks included). Not to mention with this game being Wednesday, you don’t want to use your main guys too much with Vandy just two days later.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    I’m interested to see him. Hopefully the offense can put up some runs early so some guys that haven’t pitched can get in and get some experience. There are still 5 pitchers on the roster that haven’t made an appearance (Murphy Brooks included). Not to mention with this game being Wednesday, you don’t want to use your main guys too much with Vandy just two days later.
    Some of the pitchers not seeing action yet are true freshmen. Like you, I'm interested in seeing what Brooks can bring to the program.

For me, having good pitching makes a team much more entertaining to watch. There is nothing worse than walks and hit batters from my perspective. Second is errors and we definitely have work to do. Lack of offense isn't really a huge show stopper for me as long as the pitching is there. With the right team, manufacturing runs is much more exciting than bombing balls all over the park.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    For me, having good pitching makes a team much more entertaining to watch. There is nothing worse than walks and hit batters from my perspective. Second is errors and we definitely have work to do. Lack of offense isn't really a huge show stopper for me as long as the pitching is there. With the right team, manufacturing runs is much more exciting than bombing balls all over the park.
    Deebo was in a slump. Pointing to Deebo "bombing one out of the park" was a direct reference to him returning to his @ the plate offense we Cajuns are accustomed to from 24.

Amazing how folks on here love to hear the sound of there own voice instead of actually looking into situations.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun97 View Post
    Interesting. I'm guessing Hermann may make a move to the weekend starting rotation. Maybe with Morgan going to mid-week next week...

LOVE the depth and options we have on the mound!

id love to see Fluno and Morgan switched. I think Fluno gives this team a better chance at locking up a series win on Saturdays/ tie the series up for a Sunday rubber match. Let Morgan develop on Sundays where he will have a good mix of potential sweeps and heated rubber matches.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information